Self-resistance as a safe alternative to weightlifting

Never started anything, but the big dudes seemed to seek me out

Not sure if I actually ‘won’ any fights, but their arms got tired from pounding my face

I didn't have many fights either, but I did get into it with the class bully my senior year of High School. He had been held back a couple of years and was older than everyone else and big to boot. So he had been the class bully ever since I first encountered him in the 7th grade.

He sat behind me in home room and finally what did it was when he pulled reached down and pull some hairs out of my leg.

When he did that I said "OK. meet me in the parking lot after school". After all there's a limit to how much a man can take.

We went at it for about 30 seconds or maybe a minute at most. Mostly with me using your strategy of letting him wear himself out pounding on me. My one asset in a fight was that being a hard headed Polack I was like a Timex watch. I could take a lickin and keep on tickin. Like every after school fight about half the student body gathered around to watch. Then along came coach Dobbins and he broke it up. We vowed to finish it one day, but never did. But if he shows up at our 55th reunion next year I'm gonna call him out. :)

I had suma those

Most are dead or decrepit now

That would be the scenario I'd hope for. That my old nemesis shows up at the reunion decrepit. Preferable using a walker that I could kick out from under him. At my age I'm not looking for a fair fight. I just want some payback. :)

That would be the scenario I'd hope for. That my old nemesis shows up at the reunion decrepit. Preferable using a walker that I could kick out from under him. At my age I'm not looking for a fair fight. I just want some payback. :)

I'd like to thank you for my morning guffaw

I'll just mop up this coffee in my lap now

Any kind of resistance training is good for you...It will help you preserve muscle and strength...But for us older folks I would also recommend light weight training if you are capable of doing it, because full range of motion exercises increase muscle, strength, and bone density...But even more important for older people is stretching and working on flexibility...Flexibility is the key to mobility and longevity...Stay sexy my friends.

Back