Seniors, Are You Still Doing All the Chores Around Your Home and Garden?

Only when necessary. Living in a rural setting some of the yard maintanence isn't necessary. Most of the plumbing is done by the plumber who lives across the street. When we need a new roof, we will hire someone to do it. I still do the painting. My husband can only help a little because of his scoliosis.

Yeah, but I'm absolutely finished with mowing and worried that I'll be unable to find someone who will offer a contract for 2021. My last full mowing is usually mid-October with continued mowing of leaves until mid-November.

In 2020, I quit in September after completing 1/4 of the job. Hopped off the tractor. Pain in the upper extremities due to structural damage finally beat me. Turning the wheel frequently even with the one tractor that has power steering is impossible.

Place is not an easy mow; it's hilly, requires frequent turns to scoot around tree roots, and there are several depressions where trees once stood.

Anybody have experience or advice about dealing with contractors in this regard? When to start contacting them? I put out two feelers so far but no serious discussions.

Yeah, but I'm absolutely finished with mowing and worried that I'll be unable to find someone who will offer a contract for 2021. My last full mowing is usually mid-October with continued mowing of leaves until mid-November.

In 2020, I quit in September after completing 1/4 of the job. Hopped off the tractor. Pain in the upper extremities due to structural damage finally beat me. Turning the wheel frequently even with the one tractor that has power steering is impossible.

Place is not an easy mow; it's hilly, requires frequent turns to scoot around tree roots, and there are several depressions where trees once stood.

Anybody have experience or advice about dealing with contractors in this regard? When to start contacting them? I put out two feelers so far but no serious discussions.
The people we employed here turned out to be unreliable. They didn't do what they said they were going to do. They didn't finish the jobs. We found one of them on an online site. Supposedly our neighbors had used them and gave them good reviews, but apparently the neighbors were afraid to be honest.

Back