Seniors Dropping Things

I don't myself dropping things more now that I'm older, but I do catch myself bolting down the basement stairs and reminding myself to slow down.

Interesting article. For awhile I found myself dropping a good number of things but like the author of the article tried to make sure I grip things well now. It has helped. I am not dropping a lot of things anymore.

Because of only having vision in one eye, I have no depth perception. I’ve had to train myself to slow down. Often I forget.

I sure miss that author, Ronni Bennet and her blog. She lived in Oregon, a state with M.A.I.D. The cancer was too much. It seemed like her mind was a sharp as ever at the end.

I drop stuff more and it ticks me off having to deal with picking it up off the floor. It's such a long way down and a painful way back up as a senior. LOL!

Because of only having vision in one eye, I have no depth perception. I’ve had to train myself to slow down. Often I forget.

I sure miss that author, Ronni Bennet and her blog. She lived in Oregon, a state with M.A.I.D. The cancer was too much. It seemed like her mind was a sharp as ever at the end.
I subscribed to her blog too; she is very much missed.

it used to be if i dropped something on the floor i'd pick it up right away. now i look at it and determine a few things...will someone slip and fall on it? will it spoil? is it in the way? is it hindering production? if i answer no to these it stays on the floor. lol!

Odd, isn't it...how times change? In the 60s we dropped "acid" and now we drop things. I get really frustrated with dropping things and that sense of clumsiness that goes with it. I never used to do that and I resent having to go through that now. As I see my hands doing things they never used to do, I am concerned about how long before I won't be able to play guitar and piano.

Another thing I have noticed is that the synchronization between my right and left hands seems to be deteriorating. Where I notice it is in typing posts and emails. I am continually reversing letters and having to go over what I have typed to make the all too frequent corrections. I don't think it is fair to expect people to read my posts and emails and be required to try to figure out what I am saying. A bit of extra effort on my part to correct these things shows at least some concern for the other person.

Fortunately, this problem has yet to exhibit in my musical efforts.

Tony

that's not senior anymore? hmm...well pardon me.

what age am i supposed to be to be considered senior?
I just feel bad for you that at your age you consider yourself a senior. You're still young. I know, I know, I used to laugh when older people would tell me that. But now, at 71, they were right. You're still on the young side Marci and I want you to realize that. So quick the life.

I just feel bad for you that at your age you consider yourself a senior. You're still young. I know, I know, I used to laugh when older people would tell me that. But now, at 71, they were right. You're still on the young side Marci and I want you to realize that. So quick the life.
I realize that. I'm just not afraid to accept what and who I am. I'm getting older. Crap is starting to break down. Nothing much I can do about it except take it as it is. I will do my best to control what I can. What I can't I have to just deal with. It's part of aging IMO. It's gonna get us all if it doesn't kill us first.

Back