Seniors listed freebies shrinking....

70butnotsilly

2 McDonald's stores here on the Sunshine Coast have decided that our seniors cards are worthless as they will no longer give a free coffee with our meals. I guess their profit margin was suffering from so many seniors cashing in.... How pathetic. Oh well we can still get coffee with free donuts at donut King.. Let me know your experiences with other Maccas 🍔👀

Hi there! I haven't been to McDonald's in a very long time here so I wouldn't know. I think they do have 1. soft drinks but don't know about coffee.

welcome666.gif

McDonalds in Canada has a coffee card, buy 7 and get one free.

Wendys here does give free senior drinks with a meal. Your choice of coffee, tea or soft drink.

I do not eat at McDonald's because of all those TVs that they seem to have all over their walls. Just massive advertising. Also, I do not like the computer ordering stands that they have when you enter right into the building. I would rather talk to a live person rather than work through a machine. That's just me! Also, the service at McDonald's has become real slow. I remember when you could get your food & coffee in a minute or so. Now, it often takes 5 minutes & you wait & wait. What happened to the service? More computers, more noise, but less service & the buggers & the chips seem to be getting smaller & smaller as the years go by. HA! I don't go to those cheap hamburger joints; preferring more "classy" places. Guess I'm lucky because I can do it. However, as I get older I like restaurants less & less. Everyone wants a bit tip over the big fat bill. Restaurants seldom can compete with a nice home cooked meal with a bottle of wine. Cheers!

Last edited:
Our local McDonalds still have Senior coffee for 50 cents. When we are out shopping, etc., we often stop at a McD for a cup....beats paying 3 or 4 dollars for a Starbucks.
Don't understand why young people patronize Starbucks. I think it's some sort of status thing. These could be the same people that will probably have to work until the day they die because they will not be able to afford to retire ever! Go figure!

Back