Severe Panic Disorder

Sorry to hear about the panic attacks. They are real & they are no joke. About 15 years ago I used to get them once in a while. It was like a heart attack & I thought I was going to die. On 2 different occasions, my wife at that time drove me to the hospital. For some strange reason the attacks would start around 11:30 am & then they would go on for about 2 hours & then stop. A pharmacist told me about Lorazepam. I went to my doctor who, at that time, told me that there are 3 good drugs for panic attacks. Now some 15 years later I very seldom get the attacks. I am looking at a container from November 18, 2019, I have used only 6 tablets (0.05mg). That works to only 1 pill used every 2 months. Although I am far from being a doctor or thinking I know it all in medicine, I have read several times that we should be very careful if we take more than 5 or 6 pills on a daily basis. What happens is that you end up taking pills just to contour the effects of other pills. This is why you should never use more than 1 doctor at a time & the same goes for your pharmacist. I know there are people suffering terrible pain or are in an "end of life" situation, but the average person should not be taking a dozen pills everyday. Sorry to hear about your pain. Good luck!
Sorry to read that you’ve had to deal with them also. They can be very scary. Years ago I used to get them all the type after a huge life trauma but eventually they went away on their own. Lorazepam works great. I had about 8 pills left from 2017 and my doctor said to take them since they should still be good and they were. I’ve since gotten a refill from my nurse practitioner from the same medical centre. They work together.

I’d seen the naturopathic doctor afterwards since I’m not a fan of taking conventional medicine but I think in this case I’m going to try it. Thank you for caring and I hope you never have another panic attack. For the record, many people go to emergency while having their first panic attack. They can feel like a combination of a seizure and a heart attack at the same type including body chills/ shivering.

Here is the skinny on THC: There are TWO kinds of THC, one is called Indica which is calming and grrreat for sleep. the other kind of THC is called Sativa, it has euphoric effects(the stoned feeling) but can aggravate anxiety because it acts as a stimulant.

I highly recommend the Indica, I take 5MG of Indica in a "gummy" an hour before bedtime and sleep blissfully. The are hybrids of both the Indica and Sativa, and also hybrids that contain CBD.
For me, CBD has to be in ultra strong concentration to have any noticeable effect, and is too expensive that, IMO.

x61PtDW.png
Ha. You sir are talking to the queen of growing. LOL! Probably shouldn’t share all that.
I’m most familiar with the difference between a sativa and an indica. Sativas are head highs whereas indices are more body highs. Having said that I’m not using much of either at the moment. I actually think I’ve become allergic to it. 😩😝 Maybe too many years of using it. I STILL love growing it. That’s why I built a cedar greenhouse.
All cannabis produces cannaboids. Most CBD oils are actually made from hemp which has almost zero THC.
Thanks for the info though
What’s with the photo sharing change?

Last edited:
You listed all the drugs you were and are taking along with trying other possible remedies, but what is the rest of your life like? Do you come in contact with other people? Are there any stressors in your life? As far as drugs go, go back to square one and take nothing for an extended period of time. Maybe some still circulate in your system. Good luck.
I listed ONE drug. Lorazepam!
Except for cannabis I don’t normally take any drugs since I have conventional medicine.
How is the rest of my life?
It’s great. If I run into anyone at all it might be while out walking. Possibly!
As far as drugs go , go back to nothing for an extended period of time?
I practically WAS on nothing . The amount of THC I was taking was minuscule. Now it’s none at all. The other things mentioned are natural supplements. Instead of trusting myself I went to a ND. Naturopath doctor with 10 years of education. Having looked up the combination of supplants he has asked me to take along with the quantities, I think I may have been experiencing ‘serotonin syndrome.’ It’s a fairly serious overload of serotonin with some wicked side effects. I think I’ll go back to trusting myself again and wean myself off most of these.
Im going to try the Zoloft at a low dose and see how well I handle it. My biggest concern is not sleeping and / or making my problems worse.
The brain truly is a sensitive thing.
Thanks for your feedback. Most of these are not drugs BUT they ACT like drugs. They are raise serotonin levels ! Yep. I think I’ll stop seeing this naturopathic doctor. Unfortunately at the moment I have to take something.

@Keesha
I want to add my caring to these others who care about you, and that we comprehend how very difficult it is, to get through periods like you described.
We're thinking of you, and rooting for you, and hoping that easier better days are coming soon for you!

Thinking of you also, @officerripley
Thank you Kaila. I think many of us are feeling a bit emotionally unstable. Counsellors, therapists and doctors are booked solid. I think this pandemic is stressing many people out.
I think I can feel all those stressed out people. 😬Lol.

You people are the cats meow.
Missing you all.
Love 💕 ya.

I miss you posting here too @Keesha....I was once in a place like you years ago when my effexor stopped working for anxiety and panic attacks....thot I was gonna die...should've admitted myself to a hospital rehab but didn't....my psyche doc prescribed everything under the sun including Zoloft and nothing worked for a whole year.....finally I suggested to go back on the effexor, and it worked....that was around ten years ago or more, very low dosage...

So if there was a med that worked for you years ago and you stopped taking it, I'd suggest to try it again, jmo, from experience...also glad to hear all the good things you're doing and trying along with a NP's guidance and support....also your wonderful hubby....
Will be sending healing thots and lots of hugs to you XO (((( )))) 🌹 and please keep us updated ❤️

I miss you posting here too @Keesha....I was once in a place like you years ago when my effexor stopped working for anxiety and panic attacks....thot I was gonna die...should've admitted myself to a hospital rehab but didn't....my psyche doc prescribed everything under the sun including Zoloft and nothing worked for a whole year.....finally I suggested to go back on the effexor, and it worked....that was around ten years ago or more, very low dosage...

So if there was a med that worked for you years ago and you stopped taking it, I'd suggest to try it again, jmo, from experience...also glad to hear all the good things you're doing and trying along with a NP's guidance and support....also your wonderful hubby....
Will be sending healing thots and lots of hugs to you XO (((( )))) 🌹 and please keep us updated ❤️
Hi Pops! I’m sorry you’ve had difficulty with mental disorder. It’s a horrible thing to have to go through. Oddly enough I did well on Effexor years ago when I tried it. I packed on the pounds but i didn’t care. My mental health trumped my personal selfish ego. I’m glad it worked for you.
My husband was on it for a while and absolutely hated it. He said he’s never slept so much in his life. Being a super productive A type personality, I guess I can understand this to some extend.

Thank you 🙏

You’re doing all the right things, as far as I know. It’s so difficult. If this is happening while you’re home alone, perhaps you could turn the TV or radio on. It’s not the greatest but might help to distract you.

(((Hugs)))
Thank you Jules. You’re right. The distractions good but for a while I couldn’t focus on television or even read a book. Then I discovered audiobooks. I don’t always follow them 100% but they sure are a good distraction.

You people sure are a loving distraction also.
This is by far the nicest group of old folks I’ve ever met. 😂🥳🤣

I've tried & had bad luck (*increased* nervousness, anxiety, insomnia & paranoia) with the following: Zoloft, Efixor, Gaba, loranzapam, Magnesium, marijuana, passiflora incarnata, chamomile, and some other natural supplements that I can't remember the name of and none of it helped me either.

So if anybody knows of any natural supplements I haven't tried that actually work, I'd love to hear about 'em. (Prescription sedatives actually work but the doc won't prescribe those, mostly because of the new anti-opiate laws. I mean, heck, I've only got probably another 10 years of life left, and only 5 years or less of being able to drive left, but hell no, let's not let me relax or be content, of course not! 😒
Here is a combination of natural supplements which have some incredible reviews. You might be interested in checking them out. I truly hope this helps you. Please let me know if you decide to check it out. The combination is quite interesting.

Its a balanced natural supplement I ordered a couple of weeks ago. Apparently the combination of these all natural products make it a gentle approach to anxiety, panic, depression and OCD. I think I’m going to try them along with a very low dose of Zoloft.

I DO happen to believe in natural substances and if these work as well as the reviewers claim from both amazon and nutreance, then it’s worth it to give it a try.

This product isn’t sold in regular retail stores. These are the only places I’ve seen it so far.
My order should be here soon and once I try it I will let you know.

https://www.nutreance.com/products/redicalm/reviews

https://www.amazon.com/RediCalm-Cli...lement-Gluten-Free/product-reviews/B01HQDJ8DI

I DO happen to believe in holistic methods and would still prefer to use them. In fact it’s the field I studied in ..... holistic nutrition. Taking natural supplements doesn’t have the same type of side effects as taking conventional medicine however I think taking the wrong combination or too high a dose can be dangerous. After all, if the boost serotonin levels, you can certainly get too much.
Note: not to discourage anyone else from taking their doctor prescribed meds

I wish you the best. ❤️

Has anyone taking Zoloft for panic disorder?
I’m taking rescue remedy, GABA, ashwagandha, magnesium, 5 htp, L-theanine as well as loranzapam once a day yet can’t seem to shake this panic. It’s all consuming.

I’m reading spiritual literature, listening to Christian podcasts, Christian music , self hypnosis audios. I’m praying lots.

I write in a gratitude journal everyday too and have for years.

Has anyone been on Zoloft and if so did it help you?

Yes I understand completely that we are all energy and connected like a hologram and that reality is fluid, not fixed but these emotions just take over my brain causing such turmoil.

If anyone can help me I’d really appreciate it. I’ve even quit doing marijuana due to the paranoia it causes and will be getting some CBD oil without THC this weekend.

How do you acquire complete faith in our creator? Please share your tips!

@Keesha Hope, YOU begin to feel better...God Bless

@Keesha
Overnight, I remembered that this is an added difficult time of year, for so many of us,
(starting back in October)
and effects us especially in the Northern USA and in Canada,
due to the effects of seasonal SAD.
I don't know if you had gotten one of the lights, last year, to try it for yourself.

I also thought that you might benefit from adding vitamin D to your regimen. We in these areas, get much less of that, from the daylight, this time of year also.
Myself, the only form I found to actually increase my level of vitamin D, is liquid drops, and I do think it helps some.

I was glad to read your updates and added posts, here, this morning.
I too, had wondered how your husband is doing recently, with being supportive, and I am very glad to know he is!

You listed all the drugs you were and are taking along with trying other possible remedies, but what is the rest of your life like? Do you come in contact with other people? Are there any stressors in your life? As far as drugs go, go back to square one and take nothing for an extended period of time. Maybe some still circulate in your system. Good luck.
This is good advice. The problem with any kind of anxiety disorder is that it takes over your life, and can become an obsession. Have you tried using lavender oil or valerian? Valerian has a foul smell but it has a calming effect and is not addictive.
You really need to take stock of your life and think about where all this is coming from.
I know all about panic attacks, but things have improved a lot since I left my husband. It's basically stress that causes it. The tension causes electricity to build up in your body and panic attacks help to release it.

Ha. You sir are talking to the queen of growing. LOL! Probably shouldn’t share all that.

What’s with the photo sharing change?
"Queen of growing"...awesome! :cool:(y):coffee: My neighbor/fishing partner/former co-worker is trying to employ MY green thumb in the production of cannabis plants. He's still paranoid from the years as a correctional officer, thinks "they" might still be watching. :rolleyes:

Photo sharing?

Well, aside from prescription drugs and 'alternative' remedies I should mention the very real benefits of exercise. Walking is terrific and uplifting, especially on a nice sunny day. Any movement is good for the body and mind, every day stirring up the neurotransmitters and getting the endorphins flowing.

Last edited:
@Keesha
I am hoping that combination of approaches, you have explained in these posts, has been helping you,
at least partially or as much as possible!
And that you remember that I and others here, are remembering you often, and wanting you to hang in through the difficult times!

Back