Shopping at Walmart- it's an experience.

I have made lots of jokes about the shoppers at Walmart .You do see some odd ones shopping at Wallyworld. One type of shopper zones out right in the middle of an aisle. It's like they have gone to sleep with their eyes open. They don't respond when you ask them to step aside. And you don't need formal attire to shop there, it's obvious there's no dress code. There's something about 3 AM that brings out the oddest. So who have you noticed at Walmart, keeping in mind that while we chuckle about our neighbors, we also shop there , So, we're odd, too.

Last edited:
We have a nice 24/7 Walmart about 10 miles away, but I've never been there later than perhaps 8PM. I had a neighbor who slept most of the day, and did his running around at night...including going to WM in the early morning hours. He was a bit weird, and usually was not very "Clean"....if he was a typical example of those who shop at 3AM, I would not want to be there.

We have a great Walmart here in Friendswood and I have never seen anything unusual there. Everybody is dressed okay. Of course I only go early around 8am so maybe there is a different group later in the day or night.

The cat food aisle is a good place to meet people. Cat people know what you're talking about. All you have to do is start loading up your cart and someone will come along and ask how many cats you have. Then they'll talk about how finicky their cat is and so on. Pretty soon you're laughing like old friends.

I don't mind Walmart. I walk in , get what I want or need, and I come out, get in my car and I'm free to move about the country.
I tried Target for six month nd then off and on for a while. I prefer Walmart. The people in my Walmart arte more helpful than in Target.
As far as the people shopping Walmart, never see anything unusual. But the reality is, I am more of a spectical than anyone I see. I'm
an old man, slowly making my way with either a walker or cane; blind in one eye with no parphical vision, always stepping in front of
someone unknowlyly. Nobody gives a hot damn what I think or see. And I'm thinking, nor do I. I suppose I'm grateful they nearly always
have what I go there for. Not being judgmental, merely making a comment because I haven't been here in a while, and need to say hello, or something, so a great high noon to all of you.

I used to shop at the WalMart offline stores. I liked the bargain. At times I ran into some obnoxious people that didn't care if they push their cart into you but mostly had good experiences there. Now, because I have no transportation I shop online and at times at WalMart online. They do have some good deals.

Never noticed anything unusual in either of our local Walmart's, although admittedly, I'm never there in the middle of the night. I have a feeling that weirdos may be found in the middle of the night or early morning hours, at any number of places that are open 24 hours. Walmart's are big stores. They just hold more of them at any one time. 😄

Sometimes folks are more courteous at Walmart then at other supermarkets. I live in a fairly affluent area and some of the wealthier supermarkets attract people that are pretty snooty at my Walmart everybody usually have nice southern manners. So I have no complaints.

One thing I have noticed is that when I ask where something is they will insist on taking me there instead of just telling me what aisle. I try to find things on my own and most of the time I do and I would rather they just tell me instead of showing me where it is. I asked about it one time and the lady said it was company policy at their store. I also like that there is a McDonalds in the store. I like their coffee and will often get a cup to drink on my way home. I go early to get my shopping done and guess I miss any unusual people. I usually speak to folks and they usually speak back. It is a really nice store and Sam's is across the street. I do not shop there much as I do not need such large sizes.

One thing I have noticed is that when I ask where something is they will insist on taking me there instead of just telling me what aisle. I try to find things on my own and most of the time I do and I would rather they just tell me instead of showing me where it is. I asked about it one time and the lady said it was company policy at their store. I also like that there is a McDonalds in the store. I like their coffee and will often get a cup to drink on my way home. I go early to get my shopping done and guess I miss any unusual people. I usually speak to folks and they usually speak back. It is a really nice store and Sam's is across the street. I do not shop there much as I do not need such large sizes.
Do you ask for the senior discount on the McDonald's Coffee???

I find this also. People at our Walmart’s take their jobs seriously. Ours aren’t open 24/7 but the sales people do lead you to the products you are looking for. I really like shopping at Walmart. Great prices. Consistency. Great service. Even returns are easy and the welcome wagon in our stores is amazing

Back