Shopping at Walmart- it's an experience.

I shop at Walmart often, I don't see any changes in the shoppers there than any other store or supermarket. I only shop at normal daytime hours and usually have a pleasant shopping experience there. The cashiers are friendly and efficient and the other store clerks are helpful. The customers are just like me, casually dressed. We all come in different shapes and sizes and have different taste in clothing, nothing unusual to me. I think Walmart gets a bad rap.

I shop at Walmart often, I don't see any changes in the shoppers there than any other store or supermarket. I only shop at normal daytime hours and usually have a pleasant shopping experience there. The cashiers are friendly and efficient and the other store clerks are helpful. The customers are just like me, casually dressed. We all come in different shapes and sizes and have different taste in clothing, nothing unusual to me. I think Walmart gets a bad rap.
Yep.

I wouldn't dream of shopping at Walmart in the middle of the night or in the wee hours of the morning. Being in the store would probably be okay, but getting there and getting home again? OMG! That would be mighty chancy, not to mention getting from their parking lot into the store and back to the car again. Eeek!

Walmart is convenient in that I can almost always get everything I need in one shopping trip...except the store is so darned big. By the time I'm done my feet are killing me.

And my other objection? Checking out my own stuff. I mean...they don't pay me to do it, and they don't give me a discount for doing it, either. Ticks me off. I don't mind if it's just a couple of things, but when I go with DD for our weekly shopping, it really grates my cheese.

I wouldn't dream of shopping at Walmart in the middle of the night or in the wee hours of the morning. Being in the store would probably be okay, but getting there and getting home again? OMG! That would be mighty chancy, not to mention getting from their parking lot into the store and back to the car again. Eeek!

Walmart is convenient in that I can almost always get everything I need in one shopping trip...except the store is so darned big. By the time I'm done my feet are killing me.

And my other objection? Checking out my own stuff. I mean...they don't pay me to do it, and they don't give me a discount for doing it, either. Ticks me off. I don't mind if it's just a couple of things, but when I go with DD for our weekly shopping, it really grates my cheese.

They do that at Costco too they must have a lot of theft

Our Walmart is great, I go there at least 5 days a week 5 am or so (in winter) and walk around the outer area 5 laps or so for exercise and always buy some small grocery item. I have noticed other seniors walking also. Everyone minds their own business, no dress code, children some times need corrected and sometimes parents do it on the spot, Hispanic children are the best behaved. The area (parking lot) as in parking lot today you need to be street wise. I agree that Walmart has caused a lot of business to close, but they are so convenient. Lay a way, credit cards, grocery pick up sale, pharmacy pick up,(they even called my doctor to get my RX renewed), auto service, if they would just start selling gas. If I am not at home I tell Sweetie to call Walmart and page me. lol

I've always found the Walmart employees to be helpful...….IF.....you can find one.

All I have to do is *think* about asking a question and every employee in the store disappears into thin air.

Same here! I use their phone app now and love it. Tells you if what you're looking for is in stock at that store, and if it is in stock the app gives the aisle #. Also has a price scanner.

60d59a5b4adb5fb83b9d6c8ac37686b3.jpg

I used to enjoy going out with friends, and would shop at Walmart after. Sooo....I was a middle of the night shopper. It was awesome. Most of the time, I was the only customer there. I guess I should have considered that it was not a safe place to be, but I'm the type of person that my head is usually in the clouds. I just don't think sometimes.

So, I did enjoy my late night shopping trips at Walmart. There was never anyone in my way, and they always had what I wanted.

Back