Since The Freeze Still No Shower

Finally got a call this morning from a plumber I called after the freeze last month. The problem is she said there are 1,500 customers ahead of me. That gives me an idea of how many experienced damage when one business has 1,500 ahead of me and no telling how many behind me and how many others have contacted the hundreds of the plumbing companies. At least I have some water as I know some folks still have none.

Finally got a call this morning from a plumber I called after the freeze last month. The problem is she said there are 1,500 customers ahead of me. That gives me an idea of how many experienced damage when one business has 1,500 ahead of me and no telling how many behind me and how many others have contacted the hundreds of the plumbing companies. At least I have some water as I know some folks still have none.
I understand as plumbers are here all day long here at our condos. We have had many water leaks and shut downs as they try to repair the lines. At least the office is letting us know when the water is going to be shut off so we can plan our showers and wash our clothes.

Im so happy to see the positive outlooks. When I’m feeling down because gas is expensive or we don’t have water or whatever it is, I try and remind myself there is a large percentage of the worlds population that has no water, no car, and barely enough food. I can do with sponge baths and walking where I need to go.

I live in Texas, and I have no idea what Texans "have had to endure" since the winter storm. It was 80 degrees a few days later. People are making far too much of this, IMO. A power outage for a few days and frozen pipes are not a giant catastrophe.
You are so ill informed. But, I'm happy that you were not affect by the frozen areas in Texas. Frozen pipe breaking cause flooded house and destroyed drywalls. Getting to the main supply valve can take time, especially for those older people who are not well informed.

You are so ill informed. But, I'm happy that you were not affect by the frozen areas in Texas. Frozen pipe breaking cause flooded house and destroyed drywalls. Getting to the main supply valve can take time, especially for those older people who are not well informed.
Apparently I'm better informed than you. We turned off our water and drained the pipes; pretty much standard procedure for a hard freeze. It was a non-event, but thanks for throwing shade.

Back