Size of monitor

LOL..desktop monitors are not like they were in 1999... my iMac desktop is 27 ins..all in one..there's no tower, no extra peripherals ..everything is inside what amounts to the Monitor.. (for want of a more technical description)

office-3.jpg
I've been looking on and off on Amazon, thinking of getting an all-in-one PC but the cost I can't afford.

Secondly, as I prefer to do my work in living room, then these aren't portable or lap friendly lol, if you know what I mean...

Currently, with my secondhand HP Laptop, I can display on my TV so, I'd get 50 inch monitor. I'll be beginning my writings again in the coming summer so, I'll need to view my LibreOffice pages then, eheheh.

Thanks!

I've been looking on and off on Amazon, thinking of getting an all-in-one PC but the cost I can't afford.

Secondly, as I prefer to do my work in living room, then these aren't portable or lap friendly lol, if you know what I mean...

Currently, with my secondhand HP Laptop, I can display on my TV so, I'd get 50 inch monitor. I'll be beginning my writings again in the coming summer so, I'll need to view my LibreOffice pages then, eheheh.

Thanks!
I have this iMac .. and downstairs I have my laptop, and also an Ipad.. :D

I'm long sighted too.. I've always had to have glasses for distance.. especially at night

before I got the 'computer specs'' I wore my normal reading glasses to see the computer. I've worn reading glasses since I was about 50... and they worked ok.. but the computer specs are better. My daughter who doesn't have any problems with her eyesight spends all day on computers at her job and was getting headaches, so she had Computer specs prescribed for her, and she no longer gets headaches
My Specsavers opticians fixed that problem for me with an offer of Varilux. Twas bit difficult to get used to in the beginning but now after 5 years, I only use my reading glasses in bed to read. Was a great addition, headaches gone.šŸ˜šŸ¤“

Too big.

Since last year was my last year of real operation of my small consultancy I decided to splurge with one last big tax deductible purchase and got a couple of high end monitors. They are too big, I have trouble focusing on the whole easily, and my neck gets tired. If I had it to do again I'd go back to 22 to 28 inch ones. I do like having two.
View attachment 273085
I use two 22" mounted on adjustable arms and it works pretty well. The monitor directly in front of me is horizontal and the one on the side is mounted vertically. I use the one on the side mainly for reference material.

Mine too.... but @Chet, you can get glasses specifically for computer use from the regular opticians.. . I wear ''computer specs'' while on here.. they are normal specs made with Blue tech filter lenses ( not that you can see the Blue colour) they filter out blue light which is thought to be partly responsible for CVS. The lenses are made with an agent that mimics pigments in the eye that naturally protect us from blue light.

Have a read of this... they really are worth getting

https://safetygearpro.com/what-are-computer-glasses-and-how-do-they-work/
My optician recommended computer glasses and I had never heard of them before. I don't spend a lot of continuous time on the computer which is what they're for but I may reconsider.

My optician recommended computer glasses and I had never heard of them before.
I have computer glasses, they are focused at about 2 feet and make the monitors easier to see, particularly my large monitors. However I can't say I use them a whole lot.
I use two 22" mounted on adjustable arms and it works pretty well.
Mine is 27 inch and fine for my viewing
I think that is probably the size range I should have gone with, if you want to spend more get better quality.

I have a 21 inch Mac
One eye short sighted and one eye long. I have readers but find I really don't need them for computer.
You can adjust your screen in many ways to suit your eye strength.
Go through your computer's display specs and adjust til it suits you
You may not need glasses at all.

Back