So glad to find these forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoMoJayne

Hi everyone! Not sure what would interest anyone, but my current claim to fame is "I flunked retirement". Friends warned me that you need to do some homework before retiring and find things you'll enjoy to fill your time. After 18 months, I had read all the books I wanted, finished all the projects, found that the volunteer work I tried wasn't very rewarding and was becoming a depressed couch potato. Plus, hubby offered and took on all the duties of house husband when he retired 11 years ago as long as I was working. When I retired he actually expected me to pick up my share! So I went back to work full time in my field and I am SO happy. I work with a great bunch, doing really interesting work that I'm good at. Hubby is back to house-husbanding which he is so good at that he has time to golf with his buddies 3 times a week, build all the sets for our local children's theater, serve on the board of our golf club and babysit youngest granddaughter in emergencies (rare). We've been married 44 years and I am the luckiest wife on the planet. Come the weekend I have no chores and hubby and I golf, garden, visit the grands and hang out with all our good friends at the club. We have two sons, eight grandchildren (5 bio and 3 grown steps) and a great-grand. We are located in central Missouri. KC and St Louis are only two hours away and we enjoy lots of city activity as well.

Life is GOOD! But I have already learned some neat stuff and seen some beautiful pictures here on the forums. So I'm looking forward to keep expanding the horizons with all your experience and wisdom.

Hi Jayne!

butterfly_green_yellow_blue_welcome.gif

Welcome. Glad you made the right decision for you and hubby. There are so many variables. We never know how things are going to turn out. When they are good, we can sing and dance...if we can still move that way. Grin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back