So, is everyone afraid of hot topics?

I think we all come from different places in our lives... some, like myself want the fun and social talk (and games) and not get involved in heavy political and "hot" issues.

I am reading this just after I started a thread "Are there really 100 ways to serve an egg"....not exactly a "hot" topic...but close. :) I am still getting used to the fact that we all come from different parts of the world! We want a better world...let's start here.

better%25252520world%255B1%255D.jpg

I am reading this just after I started a thread "Are there really 100 ways to serve an egg"....not exactly a "hot" topic...but close. :) I am still getting used to the fact that we all come from different parts of the world! We want a better world...let's start here.

better%25252520world%255B1%255D.jpg

Right you are! :D

I always check the topics being discussed but am careful to pick my battles as it were. Some topics have no possible hope for resolution, religion and racially charged topics being foremost, while other topics of the day deserve discussion. I join in only when there is some new and/or debatable information or topic presented.

I don't even look in speakers corner anymore because there is usually only 2 or 3 people discussing any subject. I would prefer the "hot" topics be discussed on the new hot topics forum.

I seldom play games and would like for them to all be moved to "groups"

I am totally in agreement with rky on this matter. I really enjoyed it when the controversial topics were able to be part of the whole forum, and not relegated to the groups only.
Since we all have complete choice of which threads we read , and partake in the discussions; I don't see any reason why some topics have to be "hidden away" (so to speak).
I don't play games or exchange recipes; so I simply ignore those threads of the forum, and understand that they appeal to other members here.

Why this is not mutually acceptable to the forum members, is hard for me to understand ??
No one has to participate in a controversial topic unless they choose to; so I can't see why it would be offensive to anyone.

Everyone has different expectations from the forum, and to me, I see it as similar to a buffet ; you help yourself to the foods you like, and don't consume the ones you don't like.

Well said Happy!

I did join the group as I stated earlier but I am not fond of group format so....since nobody is twisting arms for people to click a thread, I think I will just stick to the front living room of the house and chat/discuss/share/give my 2 cents here instead of in a back room. AND..I hope others step up and start topics none of us have to tippytoe with.

Raven, don't stop playing games. If you enjoy them, play them!

I always check the topics being discussed but am careful to pick my battles as it were. Some topics have no possible hope for resolution, religion and racially charged topics being foremost, while other topics of the day deserve discussion. I join in only when there is some new and/or debatable information or topic presented.

That's where I am at as well. I used to - well, I still do. Just not on this board, and not nearly as often as I used to. Once you spend oh, I wanna say a year speaking your mind and having people say "THINK!" You know. Like if you don't see things as they do, you haven't a brain in your head. Yeah, no; that's okay. I would really rather not waste my time.

Back