So sad (give away record collection to downsize)

OMG, do you think it could have been some "friend" who knew he had these albums? I think I watched a segment on Antiques Roadshow featuring this cover.
It had to be, right? It happened back in 1988, if I remember right, when he used to host his company's Christmas parties at his house, and this collection was a big feature in his rec room. He discovered it missing about 2 months after Christmas when he got home from a business trip overseas So pretty much a no-brainer. It had to be someone who worked for him; someone who was at the Christmas party and knew he was going on that trip.

He eventually fired the guy he suspected. Not over the Beatles theft, but for poor work performance. But he just really couldn't stand having the guy around, having to look at him 5 days a week. He was also pretty sure the guy was stealing stuff from work.

I still have most of the records I bought as a teen 50 years ago. There in the loft... When I die, my daughter will throw them in the trash, I'm sure of that because they have no sentimental value to her.. as they have to me.. and none of them are worth anything on the second hand market

This rings true to me, I appreciate that the value I put in things don't necessarily match the value others see. My music is very important to me, it's in my living room with me. On display. I play it every single day. It may well be the last thing I ever see. But once gone - it's just pieces of plastic and paper. I can live with that.

The young guy ( mid 30's ) who rents our basement apartment buys and sells vintage records from all over the world. He gets packages from foreign countries, just about every day Monday to Friday when the Canada Post man delivers to our house. He has a 12 by 12 foot storage locker a mile away from our house, where he stores his inventory. His full time job is writing insurance policies for one of the major Canadian banks. JimB.

Back