sodium in blood

I have had this problem before. A doctor I was going to before the one I see now, had put me on a 12.5 mg diuretic several years ago. I changed doctors and they did blood work, etc. They called me later and said that the sodium was low in my blood and they wanted me to cut my diuretic pill in half. That's what I did and since then, I haven't had any problems. Did your doctor tell you what he wanted you to do about it?

I don't know about it, but I wonder,....
if low sodium might make it harder for the body to increase blood pressure when needed, for times when we are getting up or moving about more actively.

Do you get dizzy or weak when getting upright or increasing actions?

But I hope the doctor explained it well and more for you.

I have had this problem before. A doctor I was going to before the one I see now, had put me on a 12.5 mg diuretic several years ago. I changed doctors and they did blood work, etc. They called me later and said that the sodium was low in my blood and they wanted me to cut my diuretic pill in half. That's what I did and since then, I haven't had any problems. Did your doctor tell you what he wanted you to do about it?
the doctor put me on another pill so will see how this works

she is going to put me on a water pill

I lost consciousness for hours and ended up in the hospital. They told me that I had virtually no salt in my body. I wasn't on any medications or diuretics. The recommendation that I read just recently said we needed 1/4 tsp of salt daily - BUT that includes all the unintentional salt from the foods we consume AND that needs to be approved by YOUR physician.

I don't know about it, but I wonder,....
if low sodium might make it harder for the body to increase blood pressure when needed, for times when we are getting up or moving about more actively.

Do you get dizzy or weak when getting upright or increasing actions?

But I hope the doctor explained it well and more for you.
s ometimes i do get a little dizzy

I had low sodium once, doctor told me to eat potato chips, 🤣, seriously he did and I did. Solved the problem.
That is perfectly sound advice for the short term, anyway. I keep 'salty' snacks around because I tend to become dehydrated. When I worked in a very hot factory one summer, there were bottles of salt tablets at least every 8 feet. Otherwise, we might faint and fall into the furnaces! Besides, chips are GOOD!

That is perfectly sound advice for the short term, anyway. I keep 'salty' snacks around because I tend to become dehydrated. When I worked in a very hot factory one summer, there were bottles of salt tablets at least every 8 feet. Otherwise, we might faint and fall into the furnaces! Besides, chips are GOOD!
Chips are too greasy

I was drinking way to much water and felt real weird one day so friend took me to hospital test showed my salt way out of range low range ordered to have salt...The brain has to have a balance of salt and Potassium , to much water washes them out. I know 2 people that had it worse one was low on Potassium couldn't walk, the other passed out at home she needed salt.

Back