Someone took my Amazon delivery

Somebody took and opened my Amazon delivery a few weeks ago. Apparently they didn't want it because they brought it back with the package completely open and left it there where the packages are left. It was dog food and also kaopectate...lol...I don't know if they opened it by mistake but at least they put it back. I'm going to make a point of trying to get down there right away for the next package.
Leave another package of Kaopectate out for them. But first pour out the Kaopectate & replace it with a laxative.

Somebody took and opened my Amazon delivery a few weeks ago. Apparently they didn't want it because they brought it back with the package completely open and left it there where the packages are left. It was dog food and also kaopectate...lol...I don't know if they opened it by mistake but at least they put it back. I'm going to make a point of trying to get down there right away for the next package.

That reminds me ......
An old man who used to live across the hall from me a couple years ago, got my pkg. of 4 prs. of leggings I had ordered.
He opened the box (probably by mistake I'm guessing?) .... and then about a week later returned them to me, totally open w/o the shipping box. ... they smelled of cigarette smoke... ugh!

I called the company, got my money back, but kept the leggings and washed them good!:)

Ok this isn't nice, but I've heard of people boxing up dirty kitty litter so the thief has a smelly surprise when they open your box!
A neighbor also put her old TV in the box the new TV came in and put it out. It was picked up and hauled away for her.

Ok this isn't nice, but I've heard of people boxing up dirty kitty litter so the thief has a smelly surprise when they open your box!
A neighbor also put her old TV in the box the new TV came in and put it out. It was picked up and hauled away for her.
Um ... I did the cat litter thing couple years ago to a porch pirate who stole an Amazon box off my deck.

Not only that, but I shared the cat poop with the neighbors who did the same thing and we haven't had a problem since.

That is happening a lot here in the uk……..also the couriers are just slinging parcels on ant doorsteps and taking pictures that they have delivered……all you get on fb is ….anyone seen my parcel , and posting the pictures …..it’s a joke !!

What a stupid low-life to steal a parcel from a neighbour. It has never happened to me but I did see a show one time, on my computer, from a program called "Market Place" here in Canada. It showed low-life people driving around and stealing parcels that Amazon had just left by the door. You never get ahead stealing from your neighbours! I hope this person gets caught and gets evicted out of the building into the freezing snow, on his way to a place where they will enjoy free heat for eternity. How low can some people go but you might be surprised!

What a stupid low-life to steal a parcel from a neighbour. It has never happened to me but I did see a show one time, on my computer, from a program called "Market Place" here in Canada. It showed low-life people driving around and stealing parcels that Amazon had just left by the door. You never get ahead stealing from your neighbours! I hope this person gets caught and gets evicted out of the building into the freezing snow, on his way to a place where they will enjoy free heat for eternity. How low can some people go but you might be surprised!
I totally agree.

That's why I like the glitter and fart spray bombs.

That's very good Ruthanne. I imagine there may be a time when I'm not thinking or in a rush and rip open a package that is delivered to me, as soon as I realized it was for someone else, I would definitely deliver it to them personally.

Yes..but this was delivered by Amazon delivery..which also sends an email of delivery. I just did not go right down, as packages inside, assumed safe
I don't blame you for feeling good about the package being okay if you didn't rush down to get it. It's especially disturbing if it's in a building that is for seniors, I would think everyone there, a resident or a worker would show some consideration and respect.

That's very good Ruthanne. I imagine there may be a time when I'm not thinking or in a rush and rip open a package that is delivered to me, as soon as I realized it was for someone else, I would definitely deliver it to them personally.
Yes, that happens. I once opened a package for someone else mistakenly. I didn't look at who it was for right away and thought it was mine. It was in a box and I made sure I taped it back up and put it back downstairs for them.

Wait. Apartment buildings don't have an employee sitting behind a desk in the lobby where they can store packages and keep an eye on them 24/7? They don't have a secured area?

They just have a table in the lobby for everyone's mail and expect the honor system to be followed by every stranger who enters the lobby? Seriously?

Well, at least they got a box of Vienna Sausages. That oughta' teach 'em :LOL:
`

You can track your order on Amazon. On the day of delivery, you can see the map when the driver is getting close to you. If you sign up for delivery alerts on the app, they inform you when the map is available to view.
I plan to do that and wait down stairs when he is close

Amazon alerts me as soon as a package arrives and someone usually delivers it to my apartment. Some carriers take a picture of it and then alert me as to where it is.
I got the alert. But no picture this time, as it was listed as "handed directly to a resident".
I am not gonna dwell much more...I mean it has never happened before, at least not to me. And it was JUST those damn vienna sausages. Could have been something more valuable.I am more just pissed because I was really looking forward to a snack.

Wait. Apartment buildings don't have an employee sitting behind a desk in the lobby where they can store packages and keep an eye on them 24/7? They don't have a secured area?

They just have a table in the lobby for everyone's mail and expect the honor system to be followed by every stranger who enters the lobby? Seriously?

Well, at least they got a box of Vienna Sausages. That oughta' teach 'em :LOL:
`
Some apt buildings have a secured area. Some go by honor which works a lot of the time. People feel they will help each other out sometimes until someone does something stupid like steal a package. Most people are good but a few aren't, too. They are pretty honest where I live, thankfully.

Amazon alerts me as soon as a package arrives and someone usually delivers it to my apartment. Some carriers take a picture of it and then alert me as to where it is.

Same where I live ... I always get the alerts, and they bring all deliveries to my apartment door these days. And then they take a picture of that delivery, and it's posted on their website as proof.

Back