Sometimes things change.

The faded original colors and rusted patinas of the first are much more interesting than the graffitti covered ones. The design lines of the different models are also more striking in the first pic, and are hardly noticeable at all in the busily painted group.

I was lucky to see these Cadillac's back in 1974 when they first were put there. The second shot was about 3-4 weeks ago. I swear, the paint on there is over 3 inches thick in spots. :( And now, there is trash strewn all over out there.:mad:

Cant see us Brits doing this as we aint got the land space
What is the reason for doing this apart from an art form? Who is responsible for creating this curious idea and is it for some good cause maybe?

dont call it art - has no depth to it ' load of old cars turned up 'wonder what the art caption
saids its meaning / cleverly done about all ..

Someone once said, “Art is in the eye of the beholder”, to someone this could be considered art, but not to my eyes.

I was lucky to see these Cadillac's back in 1974 when they first were put there. The second shot was about 3-4 weeks ago. I swear, the paint on there is over 3 inches thick in spots. :( And now, there is trash strewn all over out there.:mad:
It's also sad to see that over time people stole doors, wheels, and trunk lids (Boot for the British among us).

In regard to art, I wouldn't choose either.

May be funny to see what archaeologists say about these cars in 500 years.

It's also sad to see that over time people stole doors, wheels, and trunk lids (Boot for the British among us).

In regard to art, I wouldn't choose either.

May be funny to see what archaeologists say about these cars in 500 years.

Yes, some time in the past, someone actually stole (cut) the roof off the 49 Caddy :eek: (I suppose it had value later on in life) and eventually, somebody replaced it with sheet metal.
You're right about archaeologists too. I always chuckle whenever I see them unearth some structure and then, inevitably we're told it was a temple of some kind. Hey! maybe it was an open air market.... ever think of that.... no, it's always a temple. :)

Back