Songs that tell or explain something

I absolutely love Bill Withers' songs. He was a brilliant writer and musician. Love this song that is telling someone they need to get their heads checked, not make him feel like he does. And he's schooling them about some other facts about life they need to know. :LOL: Does anyone else know someone who needs to be told about themselves like this? Lyrics included in this video. @Pecos @dseag2 @dobielvr @Medusa @Pinky @Paco Dennis @palides2021

I absolutely love Bill Withers' songs. He was a brilliant writer and musician. Love this song that is telling someone they need to get their heads checked, not make him feel like he does. And he's schooling them about some other facts about life they need to know. :LOL: Does anyone else know someone who needs to be told about themselves like this? Lyrics included in this video. @Pecos @dseag2 @dobielvr @Medusa @Pinky @Paco Dennis @palides2021
I really love that song.
Thank you MDS

Shake, Rattle & Roll is a song, written in 1954 by Jesse Stone (usually credited as Charles Calhoun, his songwriting name.)The original recording by Big Joe Turner is ranked number 127 on the Rolling Stone magazine's list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time. It's full of euphemism and sexual innuendo, certainly in the original version anyway. Bill Haley’s take would be toned down somewhat. Going through the lyrics there are some puzzling images in there, certainly of their time, with Big Joe Turner telling his woman to get out of that bed and into the kitchen, while also lamenting how much money he earns that is quickly gone. The Shake, Rattle & Roll of the title is considered a metaphor for having sex, as are images such as “one-eyed cat peepin’ in a seafood store," which might be lost on some, but think about it. The song is from a man who feels very lustful for his partner and certainly isn’t afraid to show it.

VIKKI CARR BURT BACHARACH - THE LOOK OF LOVE.​

Back