Statues With Limitations

The Lives Of Living Statues

"We’ve all seen them at one point or another – in a park, at a festival, or practically any place where tourists gather in large numbers. Some of us walk right past them as if they were actual statues while others might stop and stare a while. Eventually, we all end up thinking the same thing – “I could do that!” After all, this has to be the cushiest job in the world. You make money by literally just standing there. What could be easier, right"?
http://all-that-is-interesting.com/living-statues

statue-sleep.jpg
When they move, it's pretty funny:

Abigail Adams Feels Like a Neighbor (Part One)​

6a00e54fc42bb888340133f34d08c7970b-400wi

Arms crossed in a relaxed but confident pose, Abigail Adams leans against a pedestal covered with her words. Words, written over a lifetime, connect her to places around Boston.

"Abigail Adams feels like a neighbor! Her 18th Century influence still resonates loudly throughout the Boston of today."

"She’s alive in the hundreds of letters she shared with John Adams. Abigail Adams was an early proponent of a woman’s right to property and education. She opposed slavery."

"Her many connections to Boston are all around us, if you know where to look."

6a00e54fc42bb888340133f34d0979970b-400wi

"Today, Penny points out some of the obvious, and not so obvious, places you’ll find Abigail Adams."

Underground Party
iu

"Underground Party ... scene of underground libertines - base of the Paul Daly sculpture "The Meeting Place" at London's St. Pancras International railway station. "Warm beer and cold women, I just don't fit in Every joint I stumbled into tonight That's just how it's been All these double knit strangers with Gin and vermouth and recycled stories" [Warm Beer Cold Women, Tom Waits] London Sculpture Steve Nimmons."

Back