Stella, a 3 pound 6 ounce baby girl

I also bought Stella a stuffed duck to cuddle to and kill. She grabs the duck by the neck and shakes it to death 😂. The duck has a noise maker in it and if she grabs it just right; the duck makes the duck call noise.

Attachments

• CA003791-FA28-40EF-A638-5EA5E076D146.jpeg
    CA003791-FA28-40EF-A638-5EA5E076D146.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 10
She walks on a loose leash behind me on the left side or right beside my shoe. I can’t tell you how hard I have tried to get every other dang dog I’ve owned to do this.

In the past, I’ve even sent three dogs to board and train, very expensive, specifically to learn to do this with no success. But she has learned to do it in 7 days!

This sounds terrific! (y)

And also, her following the basket command, and riding at times, sounds very good too!

It's nice to hear about her , and how she is doing, and the things you do with her, even or especially, while the serious stressors continue.
I would be a “basket case” 😂 without Stella. She and her needs distracts me from going insane with worry over Joey. My daughter has a husband, who works from home, so while I worry about her; she does have a 24/7 caretaker available. Stella will eventually do double duty as my therapy dog and hearing dog.

We take Stella everywhere with us. My husband has really bonded with this little dog as well. He plays with her for a couple hours every night. Hopefully this will prevent any problem with him over her.

I would be a “basket case” 😂 without Stella. She and her needs distracts me from going insane with worry over Joey. My daughter has a husband, who works from home, so while I worry about her; she does have a 24/7 caretaker available. Stella will eventually do double duty as my therapy dog and hearing dog.

We take Stella everywhere with us. My husband has really bonded with this little dog as well. He plays with her for a couple hours every night. Hopefully this will prevent any problem with him over her.
Glad to hear she's doing well and your husband is bonding with her, that is so important. My husband loves and cares for my dog and cat just as much as I do. If I ever need to be away from home, I will rest easy if they are in his care. Hugs for Stella.

Took Stella for her walk this morning even though it was raining, hmm, cats 😂. She pooped twice, yay, cause I was on the verge of taking her to the vet even though I bought pumpkin. She started messing with her potty papers again today, ugh.

She hardly ever whines now which is nice. We go to bed at 8, get up at midnight to potty, and then back to bed till six. Takes her about a half an hour to decide to pee 🤦🏻‍♀️. Takes me a lot less time. 😉.

With your husband loving Stella it make everything easier.

Do you have a door to your patio? Cold air has me anxious to get it done quickly.

With your husband loving Stella it make everything easier.

Do you have a door to your patio? Cold air has me anxious to get it done quickly.
Unfortunately, I can not put Stella out on the patio to go potty in winter. She is three pounds, and it’s getting down to 38 at night. Even I don’t want to go out there 😂

Last edited:
Getting Stella to eat has been a on going issue. Once I withdrew the wet food from the sams food her eating tapered off. Plus, she is not a enthusiastic eater and eat very little. I am so worried.

I decided to add the dry dog food by Royal Canin, specifically their Yorkshire Terrier puppy food. I open that bag and this stuff smells great. I may have to hide it from my husband. 😂😂. I mix the food half and half. Give her a third of a cup. She eats it all. 😮. She eats it all at every meal.

This morning I get up, shake the bag, and she is jumping up and down with joy, wanting to eat 😍. She immediately chows down, grabbing bite after bite. She must like the smell and taste. She shows no sign of diarrhea. A couple more days and I will switch her to just the Royal Canin.

I am getting a third harness from Amazon today. The other two brands of x small harnesses were huge. I have order the smallest one I could find. It it doesn’t fit, I will have to look in the cat section.

I have started training her to stay at home in the crate alone. I put her in the crate in my room as if bedtime. Cover her carte, turn the tv on, the fan, and leave the house for a while. So far she hasn’t whined or barked.

I will be thrilled when she has all her shots and I can start train ing for outside potty. As you see from the picture, she has pulled the potty pad put of the litter box and then jumped onto the litter box and pooped in it.

One step back and one step forward. What the heck? Potty training is going to be a long painful road-for me. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Attachments

• 58B99FA4-3D9E-41E5-8870-F2E9D0DAD786.jpeg
    58B99FA4-3D9E-41E5-8870-F2E9D0DAD786.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 8
I mix the food half and half. Give her a third of a cup. She eats it all. 😮. She eats it all at every meal.

This morning I get up, shake the bag, and she is jumping up and down with joy, wanting to eat 😍. She immediately chows down, grabbing bite after bite. She must like the smell and taste. She shows no sign of diarrhea. A couple more days and I will switch her to just the Royal Canin.
This is great news, about her eating improvements.

Do they make them for humans, why yes, yes they do. I think they are called tents 😂😂😂. Just teasing you @Kaila.
Thanks for adding laughter to my day, Aneeda. :)

And thanks for that info.:LOL: I forgot about tents. :giggle:
And, Perhaps they might call them sleeping bags, too.:sneaky:

Wouldn't Stella like a full-sized tent too? You could set it up in your living room; I am sure there's plenty of space for one in your apartment, as there is for one in mine, too. :ROFLMAO:
I hope my cat does not read these posts at SF, during her computer time. She mostly seems to delete her old stuff, and she also frequently steps on the remote when it's on the sofa, in an endless search for a Cat Sports channel, most likely.:rolleyes:

Ordered a set of combs for Stella and they came today. Used the little flea comb on her head first as their was something stuck there. Could have been a small cluster of flea eggs. We rarely have fleas here but we do get them. And the breeder lived in a different county next to the mountains.

Got whatever it was out, then combed her entire body which she tolerated fairly well. There were a few tiny tangles, got them all out. Nothing else stuck in her hair except loose hair. Got all that out. She will need her nails cut again this week.

Her new harness fits really good so very happy about that. It is bright orange and reflective. Bought the next size up for when she grows. Bought a sling bag for dogs to carry her in, should arrive today, and a raised bed for place training.

She is getting better about potty on the pad in the litter box. 😊. She is eating very well and will switch her to just the Royal Canin food as no problems with it. She does good on her walk and peed outside for the first time today. 😊

All in all she is doing great.

Stella is starting to poop, more and more, in the litter box. In fact, now that she is eating better she is pooping more 😂😂. Another couple of weeks and I will enlarge her play area. She never pees on the floor any more. Hopefully she keep using the box otherwise I’ll have to reduce it down again.

And she does not ”nest” in the litter box anymore since I got her the cat bed, which has improved her smell a great deal as well. 😊. With more food inside her belly she plays a bit more with her toys, and since I put the cushion in her pen as well, she spends a little time outside cat bed.

I have not yet started on the sit command but will do so soon. She has basket nailed, and doing well with the place command although sometimes she still wanders off it. The raised bed I ordered arrived last night and I will start using it for place training. This allows her to be out of her play pen but in a designated spot. Needed so she does not pee on the carpet.

We have decided not to put a collar on her again till she gets older since she managed to get the collar stuck in her mouth. Besides she will never be without us outside so she doesn’t need the collar. I’ll attach her tags to her harness.

She is not microchipped yet. I might wait till she is spayed as this can be painful for a small dog. She still sleeps a lot.

There is some confusion over her DOB. The breeders husband said April, the breeder said June. I actually think the April date might be correct as she acts more like a 6 and 1/2 moth old than a 4 and 1/2 month old. She has never tried to mouth or bite. I need to try and remember to ask the vet to check her teeth.

Stella new raised bed place. She thought, oh great lots of things to chew on, then oh no mom keeps telling no 😂. Yup, Stella is learning the “place” command, and learning not to chew on the furniture, the baskets, her leash, and the electronics.

I can walk across the room and she will remain on the bed now. She is learning to entertain herself by playing with her toys. Or she can sleep if she wants. And I can watch tv and watch her. A perfect situation.

Forgot the pictures 😂. Her new harness fits very well, bright orange and reflective

Attachments

• 556AF3AA-6360-4091-AE91-15F74C7BC8CA.jpeg
    556AF3AA-6360-4091-AE91-15F74C7BC8CA.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 5764D234-88DD-4647-8B8C-1A77BBA979D2.jpeg
    5764D234-88DD-4647-8B8C-1A77BBA979D2.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
That's a neat bed you bought Stella.

She's a baby ,, yet needs her sleep.

MacDuff is on the go most of the afternoon,, although today he's making a liar out of me,, asleep in hubby's office chair.

I took him out yesterday for walk.
Came in was here at desk,,looked a my hand,***** tick walking on the back of it.
Son of gun was it hard to kill.

Mentioned to hubby to grab Mac to do tick check.
Found one on him,, another one on my desk!!!!!

There soon was a bath for him using some flea /tick shampoo .
Other than he was hard to catch,, settled down in the tub for his bath.

Hope we get lot of freezing weather this Winter to kill off nasty ticks/fleas.

Well, Stella is certainly pushing my buttons on the potty training train. Moved her play pen into the so-called dining room in order to keep a closer watch on her. She likes to pull the potty paper out of the litter box and shred it up. She eats some of it, so a big no, no.

She also climbs into the minus potty paper litter box and pees. 🤦🏻‍♀️ So I needed to solve this problem. At least now anytime she starts to take the potty paper out, I can tell her no and hopefully break the habit. I put a 5x7 rug on top of the apartment rug, and then two carpet topped rubber mats, the kind they sell at Costco, on top of the rug. All this to protect the wall to wall carpet.

Yup, she peed on Costco mat. 🤦🏻‍♀️. Cleaned it with puppy Resolve, washed it, and put her back into her pen. While later, she peed in the same spot. 🤦🏻‍♀️. Ok, was bedtime anyway. Put her away, cleaned the spot again, turned the rug and placed the littler box on top of the pee spot. She starts peeing in the litter box again and pooped in it. YAY, back on track.

Then, yesterday I take the trash out and someone has put their small car rubber mats out by the dumpster. I have wanted a small rubber mat to put her food and water on, but I hate to spend the 20 bucks for one. Hmm, I grab one of those car rubber mats.

Put the mat in my shower, clean both sides with hot water, then put bleach on both sides, soak, clean with hot water, dry, put in her play pen, and put her food and water on top of the mat. Get up at midnight, put her in her litter box as usual, she walks out of her litter box, sniffs the mat, walks to the far side of her play pen,and, yup, pees on the Costco mat. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤬

Hmm. Apparently you can lead a puppy to a potty pad, but you can not make it pee on one. 🤪

So in the potty pads war, Stella is wining. 😂. She sniffs the potty pad. Hmm, she says to herself, nope, not feeling it. She looks up at me, yes I am watching her. I see the evil little wheels turning in her brain, the smoke churning from her ears, she sniffs the rubber car mat next to the litter box.

She looks up at me, I look at her, it’s a doggy, mommy stare down. She sniffs, she looks at me, she squats, NO STELLA, I scream, NO. And she pees. Stella one, mom none.

Oh Aneeda, I'm sorry the potty training is going so slowly while you have so much else going on.

It took a long, long time to train my mini -dachshund. Some times I took it in stride and other times, like when I'd find a big puddle in the middle of the living room right after cleaning, I would just want to give up and carpet the house with blue pee pads.

Google says Yorkshire terriers are very hard to potty train. Every single site I looked at said the same thing. It’s good I waited till I was this old to get a yorkie as I have a great deal of patience now. I can assure you my son with Downs Syndrome was easier to potty train than Stella is. 😂

But she does sometimes use the potty pad filled litter box 😊 for pee and she does use it for poop or holds it until I take her outside. There is some progress. She remains an excited pee-er, though. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I can now place her in either the basket of my walker or on her “place” bed and walk any distance from her and she remains in “place”. She continues to walk on a loose leash and beside or behind me. She continues to be non barking even when other dogs bark at her. She does not bark in stores, or at loud unexpected noises.

But training things like sit, down, leave it, and the rest of the commands are trained using treats, and she is not a food reward dog so I am at a loss at how to train these. Going to talk to a trainer once she gets final shots which is Friday.

The dog trainer, and friend, I knew for ten years and went to, to train my dogs, died a couple months ago of breast cancer. 😢. I’ve been in no rush to find another trainer.

Back