Store bought bread.

IKE

We very rarely eat breakfast but just to avoid a upset stomach I always eat two slices of toast (or a toasted english muffin) in the morning prior to taking my meds and supplements.

I am kinda picky on the bread I like and yesterday I had to go to two stores to find what I wanted.....normally it's a little higher than the other breads but Oroweat 12 grain is what I like and always buy.

Are you fussy about the loaf bread you purchase or will anything do ?

oro.jpg

I prefer good fresh bread from a bakery but as a concession to old age and ill health I usually buy this 40 calories/slice high fiber reduced carb bread.

ba4ae4c100f608f9dad92fdb26713a6e--grocery-store-we-have.jpg

I have to eat gluten free bread which I make. Any of it in the market tastes terrible. Back before I was diagnosed with celiac disease I loved good rye bread from the bakery only. As a kid I loved gooey white Bond bread. The last time I tried white bread from the store it didn't have the same consistency that I remembered. I use to put big slices of home grown tomatoes slathered with mayo on the white bread or a thick slice of onion with salt.

My German Grandpa hated white bread and to make his point he would take a slice and make little dough balls out of it and say it was only good for bait when he went fishing.

Natures Own has a new bread out called perfectly crafted bread and comes in a multi grain and a white bread variety. It is a thicker sliced bread and makes great toast. It runs about 2.45 a loaf. A loaf lasts me a long time as I refrigerate or freeze slices. I like the multi grain better than the white.

I have to eat gluten free bread which I make. Any of it in the market tastes terrible. Back before I was diagnosed with celiac disease I loved good rye bread from the bakery only. As a kid I loved gooey white Bond bread. The last time I tried white bread from the store it didn't have the same consistency that I remembered. I use to put big slices of home grown tomatoes slathered with mayo on the white bread or a thick slice of onion with salt.

My German Grandpa hated white bread and to make his point he would take a slice and make little dough balls out of it and say it was only good for bait when he went fishing.

Funny Grandpa! Ruth, I remember Bond bread, too! They delivered to our house and the guy carried a big tray of goodies. We also ate rye.

bond bread ad.jpg

I use to put big slices of home grown tomatoes slathered with mayo on the white bread or a thick slice of onion with salt

Those 'mater sandwiches are unmatched
I wrote something about 'em somewhere here

anyway

My favorite store bought bread is Dave’s Killer Bread
gHMk7bt.png

I have paid the $5/loaf and will do it again
I recommend checking out Dave's story

However, I usually buy our local Vitabee
iL7EBzM.png

A tidy little loaf of goodness, $5/3 loaves
Makes great toast

I like eating whole wheat or multi grain bread. At the local co-op store where I'm a member,I try to buy the bread from local bakery,price is cheaper than national brands. I won't pay $ 5 for a loaf of bread,that's a bit much Sue

I never did like the crust on bread. So I stopped buying it.

Instead, I buy a bag of eight small size buns. I prefer buns for sandwiches and for toast [the small size buns easily fit into my toaster.]

We go to a local bread store that takes in older bread from the stores and sells it at a discount price. You never know what they're going to have and it's fun to look around and try different things. Lately I've been on a sourdough kick and bought some garlic sourdough bread which I'm looking forward to trying out.

I'm also a big fan of the tomato, onion, mayo sandwich, with a slice of swiss cheese.. Yum.

Some good looking bread here.

I still eat white bread and I like it best from a convenience store that I go to.
Keeps for a long time, lol.

That battle if the bulge is still ongoing with me, darn it! I love bread (sounds like Oprah in that WW commercial),
Recently bought bagel thins, toasted, not bad. My concession to the battle! I prefer making my own, but it's too hot to turn the oven on. Waiting for cooler weather and renewed energy. Good excuses!

Yes, for the Tomato Sandwich, white is best.

The Tomato Sandwich;

My lady luvs..’LUVs’ my tomato sandwiches
Don’t care much ‘bout nobody else

But

My fishin’ buddy stopped by one early evening in late summer
The maters were on
Beef steak, I think they were
Big
Ripe
My lady had just made bread
White bread
Still hot
Cooling on the kitchen island

‘Want a sandwich ‘fore you leave?’

‘Sure’

Y’all know how a fresh picked home grown tomato tastes
I sliced ‘em thin, and piled ‘em high
I sliced the soft bread thick (soaking material)
Butter melted from the heat of the bread
Slathered on mayo
It melded with the butter
Salt
Pepper
He ate four of those sandwiches
Unconscious of the juice down his arms, dripping from his elbows
Glad we were sitting in the back yard

Talked about sticking his finger down his throat to gorge a fifth

Couldn’t promise we’d soon do it again
Maters get ripe only so often

He took some home along with a loaf of bread

That battle if the bulge is still ongoing with me, darn it! I love bread (sounds like Oprah in that WW commercial),
Recently bought bagel thins, toasted, not bad. My concession to the battle! I prefer making my own, but it's too hot to turn the oven on. Waiting for cooler weather and renewed energy. Good excuses!
Easy solution. Buy a bread maker.

Easy solution. Buy a bread maker.

Yup. I use mine especially in the summer; it doesn't heat up the kitchen. Once you make your own bread, you won't go back to store-bought. Making bread really isn't hard at all with a bread making machine, and if you like the traditional shape, you can just let the machine do the kneading and then take the bread out and shape it and put into a traditional pan and bake it in the oven.

Back