Supermarket Customer traffic light system to be installed

hollydolly

SF VIP
...in all Aldi stores in the uk from this week to ensure that the supermarkets don't have too many customers inside at once...

28838522-8358005-image-a-42_1590500069767.jpg

Customers at Aldi will be told when they can safely enter one of its supermarkets by a new traffic light system installed on the doors.

The German budget retailer said that the system would help to continue social distancing in stores by ensuring too many customers are not jostling for space in the aisles.

A green and red light will be erected above the entrances to its stores, and will signal green if customers are allowed to enter, dependent on the amount of shoppers inside at that time.

Aldi confirmed that the doors will remain closed and locked until the light goes green, and it said that fully trained marshalls will be on patrol in stores at all times 'if they are required' to ensure social distancing was being adhered to...like all other supermarkets they already have a safety screen in place at all checkouts..

28838532-8358005-image-a-43_1590500074382.jpg

They could make it more fun, with silly music, and sort of like the game "Musical Chairs" ? :sneaky:

"But wait, the music just went back on, so everyone's moving now, but I haven't finished reading the ingredients on the jar, or found out if they are out of my favorite brand, yet... :oops::LOL:

I was at a Walmart today in which they had all the rows directionally marked. They did a great job with the signs and floor markers. I truly appreciated the new system and hope they keep it that way once Covid 19 is just a memory.
However, some were opposing the directional flow and I watched one woman run over a "Do not enter" sign with her cart. There is just no stopping Americans when you restrict their freedoms, or perhaps it is simply ignorance.

I use the Aldi home delivery service and have been very satisfied with them social distancing, leaving the bags in my driveway and the receipt in the bag.....today tho they tried to deliver way earlier than the time slot I picked out....I texted its too early, not till 2pm and she complied.... the shopper stays in close touch by texting so the communication is great....she lets you know if they're out of an item and what to replace it with, if I already didnt post that in the original order and their products are great....no gmo and preservatives to the point it tastes homemade, esp their pizzas and I dont have to get bent outta shape with lots of options to choose from.....only drawback is they tack on a delivery fee, a service fee, a tip to the driver, and tax.....comes to an extra $15 but their prices are way lower than my local grocers so to me its worth it.

I use the Aldi home delivery service and have been very satisfied with them social distancing, leaving the bags in my driveway and the receipt in the bag.....today tho they tried to deliver way earlier than the time slot I picked out....I texted its too early, not till 2pm and she complied.... the shopper stays in close touch by texting so the communication is great....she lets you know if they're out of an item and what to replace it with, if I already didnt post that in the original order and their products are great....no gmo and preservatives to the point it tastes homemade, esp their pizzas and I dont have to get bent outta shape with lots of options to choose from.....only drawback is they tack on a delivery fee, a service fee, a tip to the driver, and tax.....comes to an extra $15 but their prices are way lower than my local grocers so to me its worth it.
OH wow...our delivery service is free if you spend over ÂŁ20...not hard to do... :D

all well and good queueing outside in summer, but come snow, rain and thunderstorms, no-one is going to be happy standing outside

I've been thinking....our area gets lots of thunderstorms, all summer long, and especially during the hottest weeks, when people are advised to go indoors immediately and to stay there until the electric storms pass, for safety reasons. hmmmm….. where would they go, without losing their place in line?

I use them, too. If you purchase at least 35.00 the delivery fee is half or 3.99 where I live and I believe if you spend over 70.00 it's free delivery. I don't often spend that much tho. You also can adjust the tip to more or less than they suggest. My extra is usually about 10.00 unless I spend over 70.00.

I use them, too. If you purchase at least 35.00 the delivery fee is half or 3.99 where I live and I believe if you spend over 70.00 it's free delivery. I don't often spend that much tho. You also can adjust the tip to more or less than they suggest. My extra is usually about 10.00 unless I spend over 70.00.
I've always ordered over $70.00 and there's no free delivery attached and a tip is always included in the total and like I said above, so many other fees and service charges tacked on, geez......where does it end, lol.....cuz its the Instacart Company employees who do your shopping and delivery in the Aldi store.....its set up that way here in our little area of Virginia.....now northern Va or Richmond might be different.

I've always ordered over $70.00 and there's no free delivery attached and a tip is always included in the total and like I said above, so many other fees and service charges tacked on, geez......where does it end, lol.....cuz its the Instacart Company employees who do your shopping and delivery in the Aldi store.....its set up that way here in our little area of Virginia.....now northern Va or Richmond might be different.
Okay I guess Aldi instacart here in Ohio is different online then.

Ha! maybe we've cottoned onto why it's free here , or in other grocery stores just a very small charge... There's no outside company picking your groceries here, all the picking is done by Aldi...or other supermarkets' own supermarket staff. ..

Back