Sure enough, I had to close out 2017 with a bang!

CindyLouWho

yup......my garage door just snapped and broke. Happy New Year.s to me!
images

Well, it's outside now. I just wasn't sure if it would clear because the door wouldn't stay up all the way, but it did, phew!

Sorry about that Cindy, at least you got the car out and nothing was smashed by the garage door....gotta look at the positives! :positive:

Misery loves company. We had a water heater leak that ruined the floor in one bathroom, the laundry room and part of the living room. They started tearing out the floor just before Christmas and left those big, noisy fans running for 4 days. They put part of the living room floor down Friday but still have a lot to do. It ain't gonna be cheap, I'm sure.

I'm beginning to think there must be some truth to the old saying, "When it rains it pours" because that's what happened around here. On Dec. 19th, I had to have a water pump filter repaired and then exactly one week later, the 26th, I had to have my dishwasher repaired. It had leaked and puddled up on my floor when I ran it on the Sunday before. Now I'm just holding my breath hoping I don't have to replace my kitchen floor because it is tiles that it leaked on.

AprilSun, it sure does seem that way, I know what you mean. Best of luck with your flooring, hopefully it will be alright as is and you won't need to replace it.

AprilSun, it sure does seem that way, I know what you mean. Best of luck with your flooring, hopefully it will be alright as is and you won't need to replace it.

Thank you! It isn't showing any signs of damage yet so I'm hoping that is a good sign. I try to think positive, but, anything's possible so I'm still "holding my breath".

There is another saying that bad things come in threes. You're due for another! :playful:

That's exactly what I've been thinking. In fact, I have said, I wonder what is going to happen next week because it was happening once a week. :D

Oh no, April, I hope not and that your floor is ok.

Thank you! It still looks good this morning but, who knows........Time will tell.

Back