Sure glad I got to see the Mick play ball.

A lot of players back during that time were the real stars of the game. Making a $100,000.00 was a big deal. Today, that’s walking around money, or what’s call “chump change.”

My guy was Richie Ashburn. My dad liked Ted Williams. My mom was a Brooks Robinson fan. I visited the old Yankees Stadium and of course Monument Park. I was never a fan of the Yankees, but I admired their organization. I also like Steinbrenner. He knew how to get the trades he wanted. I liked Jeter, until he did that little cheating trick he later apologized for. I lost some respect for him. The Yankees lost that game and that was when Jeter got the nickname “Jeter the Cheater.”

A lot of players back during that time were the real stars of the game. Making a $100,000.00 was a big deal. Today, that’s walking around money, or what’s call “chump change.”

My guy was Richie Ashburn. My dad liked Ted Williams. My mom was a Brooks Robinson fan. I visited the old Yankees Stadium and of course Monument Park. I was never a fan of the Yankees, but I admired their organization. I also like Steinbrenner. He knew how to get the trades he wanted. I liked Jeter, until he did that little cheating trick he later apologized for. I lost some respect for him. The Yankees lost that game and that was when Jeter got the nickname “Jeter the Cheater.”
Yeah, I got jaded way back in 1994 when the players went on strike and they cancelled the last 50 or so games and the world series.
Have not watched a ball game since.

One of the greatest ever, had he stayed healthy we're talking about perhaps one hundred more home runs at least...some may not know that The Mick was timed in his rookie season going from home to first and nobody was faster...only need one word for Mickey Mantle.....LEGEND!!

Back