Tattoo For You?

Packerjohn

Packerjohn
As tattoos seem to be getting more & more popular with the younger generation (& some old timers too), are going to get on the band wagon too? Not me! I was never very much for following the crowd. Actually, I don't like them at all. What about you? Some people have told me that when these people hit their senior years (if they live that long) they will really look ugly. There will come a time in their lives when they will no longer look cool or trendy & simply become ugly. Maybe I'm wrong but then maybe I'm not. Haven't seen any 80s plus loaded with tattoos from head to toe but I guess it's coming.

Attachments

• ajax-request.php.jpg
    ajax-request.php.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
It's an entirely individual decision, and one which should not be made lightly or impulsively. I don't like seeing poorly-done tattoos, facial tattoos, or those done for shock value. Tattoos are permanent, and can't be removed without considerable pain and expense, so one must consider your long-term happiness with them. If you deal with the public, will tattoos if visible offend some people or cause them to judge and condemn you? That being said, my tattoos are all quite discrete and artistic, invisible under normal clothing, and were done by a well-regarded professional. They're thematic, were carefully and thoughtfully chosen, and my foxes and I have enjoyed a long relationship together... :)

Last edited:
Been there, done that, when I was young and extremely foolish, I had it removed in the days before laser removal, resulting in a big scar on my left upper arm, still think it looks better than the tattoo

yes it is a talent for sure --I dont have any 'think they look so so on some people ' but not keen on women wearing one or two'
especially on there top arms -I have seen brides on tv --called yes to the dress ==lovely dress and then you see the tats showing ':censored:

My fav ones are old school, Sailor Jerry designs. First one was a hula girl, then a mermaid, then a couple of small ones for luck (set of dice, and 4 aces). All are covered by a tee shirt. But, please don't tell my mother, who would not approve - you know how narrow minded people can get in their dotage..

Sailor Jerry Tattoo

I'm going to get one.

A bar code and best before date on my forehead.

I always think of those tattoos on people. When they get older, they are going to sag all over the place.
lol - I was about 65 when I got my first one, 70+ for the rest, so that's not an issue. I also asked about having a "zipper" design placed on the big scar from the open heart surgery, but was told it would be very painful, so no.

I hate tattoos. You are screwing up a perfectly good body. Tattoos dissolve into featureless blue blobs. While some think tattoos are an exprerssion of their thoughts and ideals, but they really don't have that much to say. And they don't need a whole body to say it. Instead of "Aerosmith" in 7 inch letters across your back, maybe you should have just bought the tee shirt.

I hate tattoos. You are screwing up a perfectly good body. Tattoos dissolve into featureless blue blobs. While some think tattoos are an exprerssion of their thoughts and ideals, but they really don't have that much to say. And they don't need a whole body to say it. Instead of "Aerosmith" in 7 inch letters across your back, maybe you should have just bought the tee shirt.

Yeah but you can't wear a t-shirt every day.. body art is permanent. :)

Even during my Navy years, I wasn't even close to being tempted to get one.

I wasn't either and I certainly saw a lot of my buddies getting them. I just never saw one that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.
At one duty station we had a cook who very proud of the "ships screws" he had tattooed on his butt cheeks. I always thought that was one of the most unimaginative things I had ever seen.

iu

Back