Tell me what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.

squatting dog

We don't have as far to go, as we've already been
This might offend people but... Veterans only get one officially recognized day but LGBT get a whole month.
I say, this is totally backwards. Am I wrong for thinking that? :confused:

Edit. I'm not an attention whore or anything, (I'm plenty proud to be a vet), but, to me, it just seems wrong

I don't get the comparison or the need for it but I do agree with the idea of acknowledging the service and sacrifice of all Americans who have made a difference in our lives.

Thank you!

Didn’t know what LGBT was until jus’ now

First thought it might be today’s version of the MGB GT, of which I been rather fond of since the ‘60s

Don’t know or much care what LGBTs celebrate
Not my wheelhouse

As far as vets, I think everday should be celebrated

This might offend people but... Veterans only get one officially recognized day but LGBT get a whole month.
I say, this is totally backwards. Am I wrong for thinking that? :confused:

Edit. I'm not an attention whore or anything, (I'm plenty proud to be a vet), but, to me, it just seems wrong

I've never heard of LGBT month but that being said it's not a Holiday like Veteran's day. Government offices and banks don't close, and the mail is delivered. Essentially it amounts to a great big nada. You know what nada means?

So it's nothing to get one's panties in a wad over.

As for veteran's day, something that always did bother me was when I was working for the State of Florida everyone got veteran's day off with pay, whether you were a veteran or not. I always felt that only us veterans should get the day off. That way I could when the non veterans had to go to work, and I didn't I could rub their noses in it. :bigwink:

I hate to admit it but I don't even recall when Armistice Day became Veteran's Day. Nor the connection to the 11th minute of the 11th hour of the 11 day of the 11th month, with anything but WWI. We used to have (maybe still do?) Armed Forces Day, sometime in the spring and I marched with my contingent from boot camp down Pennsylvania Avenue in the parade that day back in 1953.

The only reason I can think of why the LBGT community gets a entire month this yr its the 50th anniv of the Stonewall Inn uprising in Greenwich Village in NYC
The riots that occurred back then was the start of the gay rights movement. The inn is now U.S. Historic landmark
I have some friends who are gay,doesn't bother me,we have a great friendship
Thanks to all the veterans who served for our country's freedom. I salute them Sue

Normal people don't feel the need to march down the street declaring..'I'm heterosexual'...why do gays? (and before anyone calls me out for using the word 'normal', nature is motivated by reproduction, so anything which is unable to mate with its opposite number and reproduce goes against nature and is abnormal)

Normal people don't feel the need to march down the street declaring..'I'm heterosexual'...why do gays? (and before anyone calls me out for using the word 'normal', nature is motivated by reproduction, so anything which is unable to mate with its opposite number and reproduce goes against nature and is abnormal)

With that logic, anyone using birth control, would be abnormal, too.

That's the typical response of someone who hasn't read the post properly! There's a huge difference between.'unable' and 'chooses not to'.

Two of my three kids have chosen not to have children. So how do you classify them?

Because gays were once arrested imprisoned for being gay. Denied employment. Denied housing. Were beaten and murdered. For being themselves. For being who they are. Now gay people can be honest with themselves and to the world. Pride overcomes where shame and threat once were "normal". That is why Rosemarie. That is why an oppressed group feels the need to shout and celebrate that they exist and share this planet. Even sharing it with hostile people. Oppression still occurs in many hell holes of other nations where being gay is life threatening. That is why, Rosemarie.

Because gays were once arrested imprisoned for being gay. Denied employment. Denied housing. Were beaten and murdered. For being themselves. For being who they are. Now gay people can be honest with themselves and to the world. Pride overcomes where shame and threat once were "normal". That is why Rosemarie. That is why an oppressed group feels the need to shout and celebrate that they exist and share this planet. Even sharing it with hostile people. Oppression still occurs in many hell holes of other nations where being gay is life threatening. That is why, Rosemarie.

I'll second that. :goodjob:

<font size="3">

Last edited:
I would never waste my time watching a LGBT parade, but I will stand and salute the flag on Veterans Day. That’s just how I feel and I hope I don’t offend anyone here.

Since when in this country did we start having to worry that standing and saluting the flag might be "offensive"????? That is a sad state of affairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back