Testing, Texting, Testifying......1....2.....3

Gary O'

SF VIP
I.......HATE......TEXTING

Callouses on my fingers and thumbs don't help

Saw a young lady today, on a skateboard, rolling thru a crosswalk......looking at her phone......texting

I have friends/acquaintances that seem to love to text
....and that's fine
But they seem to love to text..... ME!

I put up with it....some
But if the conversation grows to more than, say, four words
and needs a wordy response from me, I put together these words;

Call me

It's worth the consecrated effort of five minutes to find those seven letters with my thumbs

However, the default mechanism on my iPhone don't really help much

Sometimes Call Me turns into Cauliflower meat
(My thumbs hit more than one key at a time)

So, gotta take some of the sweet time I have left to proof read

Do the rest of you geezers like texting?

If so......

WHY?

busted nose.jpg

No!
iu

I.......HATE......TEXTING

Callouses on my fingers and thumbs don't help

Saw a young lady today, on a skateboard, rolling thru a crosswalk......looking at her phone......texting

I have friends/acquaintances that seem to love to text
....and that's fine
But they seem to love to text..... ME!

I put up with it....some
But if the conversation grows to more than, say, four words
and needs a wordy response from me, I put together these words;

Call me

It's worth the consecrated effort of five minutes to find those seven letters with my thumbs

However, the default mechanism on my iPhone don't really help much

Sometimes Call Me turns into Cauliflower meat
(My thumbs hit more than one key at a time)

So, gotta take some of the sweet time I have left to proof read

Do the rest of you geezers like texting?

If so......

WHY?

View attachment 174873
I'm one of the rare people who don't have a cell phone.
Like Matthew Quigley said, "I never had much use for one."
Do your friends text you even after they see your photo? 😁

Last edited:
I recall that woman in China who was texting or dialing on her phone & she walked into an open manhole & was never seen again. I wonder if she held on to her phone while she drowned.

A couple of years ago, I was waiting to make a right turn. A young fool was standing at the curb texting. Of course, he didn't notice that the light turned green. I waited a few seconds in case he noticed & started crossing the street. When I realized he wasn't going to cross, I started my turn, then he looks up & jumps into the street. When I barely stopped in time, he gives ME a dirty look.

I can go a week or more without talking on the phone. Comparatively, between clients, my kids and grands, husband, friends, I send and receive countless texts back and forth every day. And that’s not counting the texts I send on Ron’s behalf from his phone because he’s very slow so he gets frustrated. I can text fast enough to keep up with him if he dictates what he wants to say slowly.

Tennessee is a hands free state so if I’m in the car and need to send a text I use talk to text.

And just FYI, the entirety of this response, (and almost all of my posts on SF) are sent from my phone. 📱💬 😉

Last edited:
I recall that woman in China who was texting or dialing on her phone & she walked into an open manhole & was never seen again. I wonder if she held on to her phone while she drowned.

A couple of years ago, I was waiting to make a right turn. A young fool was standing at the curb texting. Of course, he didn't notice that the light turned green. I waited a few seconds in case he noticed & started crossing the street. When I realized he wasn't going to cross, I started my turn, then he looks up & jumps into the street. When I barely stopped in time, he gives ME a dirty look.
happens here all the time. Despite it being illegal to text and drive people do.. and they sometimes kill other people because of their erratic driving.IMO they should get a life sentence for that.. but more often than not they get a driving ban and slap on the writs.. 12 month prison max.... can you believe that ?

I get sick and tired of people walking out into the road while they're texting and not looking towards the traffic.. ( just so you non-brits know).. Jay walking is not illegal here so people walk out from everywhere and anywhere on main high volume traffic roads... from behind cars, trucks, buses... reading or texting on their phone..

Last edited:
happens here all the time. Despite it being illegal to text and drive people do.. and they sometimes kill other people because of their erratic driving.IMO they should get a life sentence for tha.. but more often than not they get a driving ban and slap on the writs.. 12 month prison max.... can you believe that ?

I get sick and tired of people walking out into the road while they're texting and not looking towards the traffic.. ( just so you non-brits know).. Jay walking is not illegal here so people walk out from everythwre and anywhere on main high volume traffic roads... from behind cars, trucks, buses... reading or texting on their phone..
Yes, it's really tragic when a pedestrian is texting & gets hit by a car.
Their body leaves a big dent in the car & also a broken windshield. And the blood is really hard to remove after it dries. 😁

Back