Texas ice storm

Saw pictures on the news... devastating!

Take care!

Black ice and freezing fog: Dangerous driving conditions possible Friday morning

Screenshot-2023-02-03-5-31-32-AM.png

Folks make fun of down-south folks for their driving on ice and snow, but black ice is the worst and when we get it, which is rarely, you are driving 15-20 MPH at the most. Also, I know from experience here up north that the worst time to drive here is early winter when the pavement is still unfrozen and warm. The snow builds up and there is a slick water/ice layer at the bottom. This is what folks get down south.

Once our highways freeze up and temps are well below freezing, one can drive 45-50 MPH right over the top of the ice and snow build up, provided you use some care. We never get the situation up here where cars all come to a stop on the highway due to an ice storm.

I have always thought of Texas as a hot place, so I think
that this must be very frightening for all who are in any
area that is suffering this cold spell.

Stay safe.

Mike.
While it is true that in summer the temperature rivals the outskirts of hell, it takes more than an ice storm to frighten us. I mean, we’re Texans. Frightening? No. But annoying as hell, yes. And the cleanup is a b***ch. All those downed limbs! Wood chippers and chain saws are already busy.

Back