Thanksgiving menu for 2021 ideas for 12 people

I remember my mom getting up early and putting the turkey in a brown paper grocery bag. At 5;30 am.
Seems like she'd pull it out around 2:30? It was so good and juicy.

I just shove it in the oven and hope the timer pops out in time...lol

I put my own seasoning in it. A little bit of this and a little bit of that. Seems i put a couple things in others may not.
Worcestershire sauce and chicken broth in with the soup. Maybe some season salt. Its never exactly the same thing. Lol but my family always loves it. Ive heard some have use asparagus soup and there was one other. But I live mushroom soup and use plenty of the crispy onions.

Oh yes. I forgot to list dressing. I Always have it. Thanks. Ok, I will take off waldorf salad. I love. So I will just prepare it later if I want it for just my husband and I. I really like the snack fruit and goldfishas an appetizer. Thank you.
No you didn't. It's #2 on your list. I'd add turnips and Brussels sprouts as well. No salad but leave in the green bean casserole also. Might want to have creamed onions too. I am thinking of what my Mom used to have. She'd forgo the sweet potatoes as only a couple of us liked them.

No you didn't. It's #2 on your list. I'd add turnips and Brussels sprouts as well. No salad but leave in the green bean casserole also. Might want to have creamed onions too. I am thinking of what my Mom used to have. She'd forgo the sweet potatoes as only a couple of us liked them.
I edited. Thank you anyway. 😀 hopefully our dinner will still have all the traditional trappings with this instability of our economy and transportation

Hi all Im having Thanksgiving at my house for my daughter, granddaughter, husband with his parents and 5 great children. So a total of 5 children and 7 adults= 12

Any suggestions to keep this easy and simple?

My thoughts were just having traditional menu.
●Turkey
●Dressing/Stuffing 😋
●Smashed potatoes w/gravy
●Greenbean casserole
●Corn
●Sweet potatoes
●Waldorf salad NO!
●Cranberry sauce
●Dinner rolls or Cornbread
●Pecan pie
●Pumpkin pie

Its been year since I've cooked for this many. And children too. Im wondering what kind of different desert may fit the under 12 crowd. The children are ages 1 1/2 yr, 4, 8, 9 and 11 yrs.

If you were doing this dinner how would you handle it besides going out to a restaurant.

Thank you.

The keys to easy Turkey day celebrations for the cook (s) is to have as many as you can bring something they've made to share the meal, and have a designated sous-chef (an assistant to help you with everything from setting the table to keeping an eye on whats cooking/clean up

Best prep secret...prepare whatever you can ahead of time - I've often made two smaller turkey's instead one one large one (saves lots of oven time) - if you don't have double oven capabilities, make one turkey the day before, cut and reheat it for serving along with using the just roasted one as a centerpiece.
For kids I'd make cupcakes ...kids love them and easy jazz them up with a holiday theme like these:

easy-thanksgiving-desserts-for-kids-inspirational-7-easy-thanksgiving-desserts-for-kids-who-wo...jpg
Hope this helps...been there and done that a lot in the past. Have a great day!

Back