Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner and Festivities For Those Alone and Others

Hi Ruthanne! Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks, and a most Happy Thanksgiving to you also! It's always good to see you! There's plenty of food here and beverages and deserts. Is there any music you want to hear? I'm playing DJ now..lol

Man oh man, I am stuffed.... yet I am salivating with those two recipes. I love carrots and sweet potatoes. I knew I had carrots in the fridge, but did not know they now looked like aliens. LOL Yuck!

Well, By this time of night you are all pretty well snockered, but I still brought by chocolate fudge!
Wow, thank you! I love chocolate. I'm not shnockered... Yet., 😂. I didn't get up till 5 pm today because I was up late cooking turkey. I'm having a nice time here and also baking some sweet potatoes for myself and anyone who wants some 😘

Man oh man, I am stuffed.... yet I am salivating with those two recipes. I love carrots and sweet potatoes. I knew I had carrots in the fridge, but did not know they now looked like aliens. LOL Yuck!
After I dig into that turkey I will be stuffed too. Plenty of turkey here for all👍

I'm putting the small (5#) turkey breast in the oven at @ 1:00 pm. Baked the pumpkin pie yesterday evening. Will bake the corn casserole before I put the turkey in. Stove top stuffing, cranberries, gravy, sweet potatoes, crescent rolls. Dinner will be served at ~ 3:30. Seems like a lot for 2 old people and a small furkid. Feel free to drop in if you're in the neighborhood!

What am I forgetting?

Macy's parade is on TV, but neither one of us is actually watching it...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!
@Buckeye Oh my God your dinner sounds to die for! I hope you're enjoying your Thanksgiving. Very nice to see you here. Would you like some more turkey?😂

This Birthday Boy is going to bring a cake with 80 candles on it and amaze everyone that I actually have the ability to blow them all out in one breath.
I will probably be slipping into the other room periodically to watch the end of the Macy’s Parade, and the to keep tabs on the National Dog Show. A fellow has to keep tabs on his favorite breeds.
But all of this delicious food will keep drawing me back to add more wonderful food.
@Pecos Thanks for coming to this celebration and bringing your birthday 🎂 cake. I believe you can blow out all of your candles! Would you like a beer, wine or some Wild Turkey? There is plenty here and food too. I got started late today because I was up late last night cooking turkey. So the celebration is still going on. Tons of food here to if you have any room left,,😁😂 Enjoy yourself ❤️🎈

@Pecos Thanks for coming to this celebration and bringing your birthday 🎂 cake. I believe you can blow out all of your candles! Would you like a beer, wine or some Wild Turkey? There is plenty here and food too. I got started late today because I was up late last night cooking turkey. So the celebration is still going on. Tons of food here to if you have any room left,,😁😂 Enjoy yourself ❤️🎈
I will dig in and enjoy myself.

I hope everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving Day! 🦃If anyone needs a late night snack, I made sandwiches! 😊

A loaded Thanksgiving turkey sandwich, featuring mashed potatoes, lettuce, gravy, stuffing, and cranberry sauce.

Leftover Thanksgiving Sandwich​

Faced with a mountain of leftover Thanksgiving food? Make a leftover Thanksgiving sandwich! This loaded turkey sandwich is filled with gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and even mashed potatoes for a hefty, hearty way to repurpose this traditional holiday fare.

Ingredients​

• ▢ 2 slices hearty bread
  • ▢ 2 teaspoons mayonnaise or garlicky mayonnaise (see note)
  • ▢ ¼ cup mashed potatoes heated
  • ▢ 1 large leaf green leaf lettuce
  • ▢ 2 slices roasted turkey heated
  • ▢ 2 Tablespoons prepared turkey gravy heated
  • ▢ ½ cup prepared stuffing heated
  • ▢ 2 Tablespoons cranberry sauce

Instructions​

• Heat up mashed potatoes and stir in mayonnaise. Spread evenly onto one slice of bread.
  • Top the mashed potato layer with lettuce and sliced turkey. Spread gravy evenly over top of the turkey.
  • Evenly arrange the stuffing over top of the turkey.
  • Spread cranberry sauce on the other slice of bread, then place it on the stuffing to cap off the sandwich.

Notes​

Mayonnaise: If your mashed potatoes are fairly plain, you may want to prepare a garlicky mayo to mix in. Simply mix mayonnaise with pressed garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste for a rough "aioli".

Toasting the sandwich: This sandwich is likely to be very messy if you try and toast it in a pan and then flip it. If you'd like crisp bread, lightly toast it first before assembling.

Bella ✌️

What a great party host, she is ... 👍🤩🥳
@Ruthanne
Big Thank you, for organizing and re-organizing us; we're a wild and unruly, disorganized bunch!☺️😁🙃😄☺️😊

And you and our party made a big difference for many of us, on that day, for sure!🥰😍

What a great party host, she is ... 👍🤩🥳
@Ruthanne
Big Thank you, for organizing and re-organizing us; we're a wild and unruly, disorganized bunch!☺️😁🙃😄☺️😊

And you and our party made a big difference for many of us, on that day, for sure!🥰😍
Thank you @Kaila It is always nice seeing you!

Last edited:

Back