The 4th of July Is Around the Corner!

Anyone seen the videos of kid shooting off fireworks in the middle of major cities? Since many organized events are cancelled due to the virus there are rumors the manufacturers are selling illegal fireworks to anyone that will buy them.

On my last July 4th before I retired, I was called to a house that someone was lighting off fireworks and was severely injured. In PA, you’re allowed to have and light fireworks, but nothing that is launched, like bottle rockets or some of the larger cherry bombs.

This man had one of those, what we call, an M80. After he lit it and before he could throw it, the small bomb exploded just as he threw it. After we got him to the hospital, I found out that he had 4 fingers blown off. The M80 is also illegal and we warn people about these every year. Some fuses will burn off in a second or less. He never had a chance, but now he knows why they are not legal.

Happy Birthday, God bless America warts and all.

When I hear God Bless America I think of this 1872 painting by John Gast.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Progress

gast-american-progress-granger.jpg

Anyone seen the videos of kid shooting off fireworks in the middle of major cities? Since many organized events are cancelled due to the virus there are rumors the manufacturers are selling illegal fireworks to anyone that will buy them.
Yes, they must be selling them illegally. I hear them going off half the night here since last month~

Back