The 4th of July Is Around the Corner!

Reminiscing about all the July 4th get togethers with family and friends, and all the commemorations, bands playing and firework displays I attended all over Virginia....the lit up skies over the lakes were the best with the reflections of light to be awed by :giggle:

"Had a Declaration...I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more."

※ Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, July 3, 1776 ※

View attachment 112234

I remember that history fact. He was right, but when he wrote the letter, he was speaking of July 2nd, the date the Resolution was adopted.

His burial site is the only place in the U.S. where 2 President's and their wives are buried by side.
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/6/john-adams

Toured that, plus the Adams' family home Peacefield. Toured both their Saltbox birth homes also.

Last edited:

Back