The 50s And 60s Was The Best Era For Music. Oh! Yes It Was!

Thank you Kenny for pretty pretty song... I like Sam Cooke voice - what not to like? ... Thank you for post for Gia ... I have post two Johnny Mathis song that I am craze for...(psssst....they perfect song for kitchen-dancing with Mrs. Boozercruiser... very romantica) You the best, Kenny - and I appreciate.... Grazie amico mio... From Gia xo

Oh wow! That is 8 minute of out of breath dancing... Is in Italy, this show... very nice. :) And THIS is the reason why Italian parent put they daughters
in to convents when they torn to teenage... ;) ......... IL VOLO sings O Sole Mio...... {You are welcome, ladies..} ... ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWS2UqN1CMc

Oh wow! That is 8 minute of out of breath dancing... Is in Italy, this show... very nice. :) And THIS is the reason why Italian parent put they daughters
in to convents when they torn to teenage... ;) ......... IL VOLO sings O Sole Mio...... {You are welcome, ladies..} ... ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWS2UqN1CMc

Oh very romantic Gia, I melt at all songs Italian. An al-fresco evening concert in romantic surroundings being warmed by the gentle evening breeze. Followed by a candle lit meal over-looking the soft dancing sea, illuminated by the moonlight. What more could a man want, well a woman I guess. Oh come over all funny now:D

We have "Strictly Comes Dancing" on here, wow those Russian girls girls give me the hots, never look at the guys. Not sure if the USA has such progs on TV.

So that sort of wrecks kenny's 60 music up

Hello Anglophile -

Oh...it is ELVIS DAY on a different forum today, Anglophile - ....haha.... but I'm sure we all enjoy the song Always On My Mind that you play from Elvis & Willie Nelson. It is a very beautiful song - no matter who will sing it. :) Just looking at the video of he & Priscilla - what a beautiful couple they was...so sad the marriage not last... From Gia xo

You and me also, Kenny .... (That half of smile of his....Yike! He so handsome!) ... GREAT song .. timeless classic... :) From Gia xo

Hello Anglophile -

Oh...it is ELVIS DAY on a different forum today, Anglophile - ....haha.... but I'm sure we all enjoy the song Always On My Mind that you play from Elvis & Willie Nelson. It is a very beautiful song - no matter who will sing it. :) Just looking at the video of he & Priscilla - what a beautiful couple they was...so sad the marriage not last... From Gia xo

Good morning young Gia. I always remember that song and playing it one hot summers day on a nice empty road in my V8 convertible. Yes feeling a million dollars with the top-down cruising at 85/90 mph. Then whoooose, I was overtaken by a E-Type jaguar doing about 100 mph plus, then whoooose he was overtaken by a Aston-Martin doing about 120mph . So lesson learnt, no matter what a person has in life , somebody else has something better:D

Still a perfect day.

Hello Anglophile... Oh boy - you like the need for speeds.. (is a very male thing, I think) .... Yes - always some one have some thing better, but - who care right? We all go in to the same size of grave.. ;) ...... Yes - is still a very perfect day! Enjoy it. :)

This is an interesting topic. The 50s belonged to the US with Elvis, Buddy Holly, Eddie Cochrane, etc.

But the 60s belonged to the Brits and they built on what the Americans started. It was that early 60s period that I find most interesting. The musicians that emerged in London at this time was incredible and they are still influencing us today. When you think of who came out of the Yardbirds, for instance. Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Peter Green, etc. The influence these guys had on blues rock endures to this day.

This is an interesting topic. The 50s belonged to the US with Elvis, Buddy Holly, Eddie Cochrane, etc.

But the 60s belonged to the Brits and they built on what the Americans started. It was that early 60s period that I find most interesting. The musicians that emerged in London at this time was incredible and they are still influencing us today. When you think of who came out of the Yardbirds, for instance. Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Peter Green, etc. The influence these guys had on blues rock endures to this day.

And let's not forget The Beatles ossian! :cool:

And I like very much this Beatles song... I hear it in the grocery market - and I make sure for my self to remember to post it... It have be a long long time that I sing these word... I hope you like to hear it again also... xo (and thank you to Mr. Teddy Bear for teach me how to put the video here!) :) Grazie! I appreciate very much, Kenny. xo :) From Gia

And let's not forget The Beatles ossian! :cool:

Indeed, the Beatles were another strand of what was happening at that time. The whole Mersey thing was much more 'pop', while the London scene was more blues/rock. From London evolved The Stones, The Yardbirds, John Mayall then Cream, Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac. It was amazing the influence those few musicians had on rock music. Not only in the songs they made, but in the development of amplification and instruments.

Another from the archive.

Hello Anglophile... Oh boy - you like the need for speeds.. (is a very male thing, I think) .... Yes - always some one have some thing better, but - who care right? We all go in to the same size of grave.. ;) ...... Yes - is still a very perfect day! Enjoy it. :)

Ha Ha "Little Squirt", you be going in shoe box.:D

Just finished playing the "Sugar Man" cd which came today. Not the DVD "Searching for Sugarman".

Now this mans story for folk in the USA is quite amazing and worth seeking out.

In 1970 he released a cd in the USA with no acclaim and was forgotten . However his cd was picked up in South Africa by the anti-establishment rebellious young Afrikaners at the dawn of the ant-Apartheid movement. The cd was bootlegged and fueled the conscience of a disenfranchised youth. Who the Sugar Man was was never known and he also never knew that he was more famous in South Africa than Elvis. For his music he got nothing.
However 30 years later he was found and taken back to South Africa to perform a sold out concert. The audience stood , clapped and cheered and he was unable to speak for 10 minutes.

Since that time he has performed 30 concerts in South Africa and has given all the money away to the needy. He continues to live in his same run down little house doing hard labour demolition work.

All from a guy they recon would have been bigger than Dylan. Thanks Gia for introducing him to me, look him up folks.

Ohh...you are very welcome, Anglophile..... a fascinating man to say the less. His music is raw and fill of emotion... this song is my favorite of him...and another one, "I'll Slip Away" is another - and of course, Sugar Man song. I hope others will enjoy to listen to Sixto Rodriquez music.... xxx Please enjoy this song:

And I like very much this Beatles song... I hear it in the grocery market - and I make sure for my self to remember to post it... It have be a long long time that I sing these word... I hope you like to hear it again also... xo (and thank you to Mr. Teddy Bear for teach me how to put the video here!) :) Grazie! I appreciate very much, Kenny. xo :) From Gia

I am very pleased to be of service Gia.
And you are a very good learner.

Now then, shall we have some...

:sentimental::love_heart:

Perry Como ....... Timeless....... I love to hear he voice... my family was enjoy his music and my parents dance in the kitchen to the songs.... I love.. Wonderful... :) :):rolleyes:

Sorry music lovers but I and a good few others could not stand Elvis. The stupid one sided sneer smile and the greasy look, "Slime Ball" we called him.

Then most of the50/ 60's music was bland and boring still, even if "Black Board Jungle" did kick it off . Who hit the charts here in those days , Al martino, Eddie Fisher, Guy Mitchell, Johnny Ray,Winnie Attwell, Cliff Richards while things did get better mid 1960,s.

So no , for me the 70/80's was a lot better and the music more clever in content.

This was number one in 1953

Then 1970 number one

Last edited:
Sorry music lovers but I and a good few others could not stand Elvis. The stupid one sided sneer smile and the greasy look, "Slime Ball" we called him.

Then most of the50/ 60's music was bland and boring still, even if "Black Board Jungle" did kick it off . Who hit the charts here in those days , Al martino, Eddie Fisher, Guy Mitchell, Johnny Ray,Winnie Attwell, Cliff Richards while things did get better mid 1960,s.

So no , for me the 70/80's was a lot better and the music more clever in content.

This was number one in 1953
I agree with you. Altho he was before my time, I did not like Elvis. At the risk of annoying many, I know, but I did not see the appeal.

Ossian, he was not before my time he started right in my time in around 1957, just could not stand the guy and have never played a song by him ever.

1965 number one Hits got better for me
Yeh Yeh Georgie Fame
Go Now..Moody Blues
You lost that loving feeling...Righteous Brothers
Tired of waiting for you...The Kinks
I'll never find another you..The Seekers
its not unusual..Tom Jones
The Last Time...Rolling Stones
Concrete and Clay...Unit 4
Cliff Richards
ticket to ride...beatles
king of the road..roger miller
where are you now..jackie trent
long live love...sandie shaw
crying in the chapel..elvis
i'm alive...the hollies
mr tambourine man..the byrds
help..beatles
i got you babe...sonny and cher
satisfaction..rolling stones
make it easy on yourself..walker brothers
tears..ken dodd
get off my cloud...stones
the carnival is over..the seekers
day tripper..beatles
we can work it out...beatles.

only know as charts started in 1953 with .".here in my heart."..al martinino and I have got the flipping lot No 1 and No 2 right up to year 2000. Chances of playing them are zero.

And to think I used to like you Anglophile! :playful:
sexy-girl-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif
:eek:nthego:

But you can knock me down, step on my face, slander my name all over the place,
do anything that you wanna do, but just DON'T step on my...

:mad::playful:

Back