The "Babies" and I

Ruthanne your birds are a complete joy 'the pic
's made me smile -and the little doggie is just as adorable '
funny I was saying to hubbs '' wish we could have some budgies - but I have 3 big cats -and I know they would have them one way or other , we used to have a big bird aviary in our garden with lots of different types '
so yes I miss all that 'but so glad they bring u joy and company ..

Ruthanne your birds are a complete joy 'the pic
's made me smile -and the little doggie is just as adorable '
funny I was saying to hubbs '' wish we could have some budgies - but I have 3 big cats -and I know they would have them one way or other , we used to have a big bird aviary in our garden with lots of different types '
so yes I miss all that 'but so glad they bring u joy and company ..
Thank you. The budgies are a blast!

Got the birdies toys or rather new toys. They tore about 5 of them apart. That's a good thing. Waiting for them to go to town on the newest toy. I love to see them having fun!♥️

Suzy got her anals expressed on Monday and on Wednesday got groomed. Been a tough week for her~lol. She is such a good girl with a kind spirit and accepting heart. Here are her latest pics today on her pillow:

LkmEQBH.jpg

C68oaXY.jpg
Caption: "The next time the Vet touches me there again, I'll bite."

we bred all types of birds Ruthanne ==budgies are lovely 'would love to have them but I have 3 cats now '
always remember that budgies love to be by the window so they see other life ' lovely pic '

we bred all types of birds Ruthanne ==budgies are lovely 'would love to have them but I have 3 cats now '
always remember that budgies love to be by the window so they see other life ' lovely pic '
I also don't have cats because of having birds--I've seen others who do but I wouldn't risk it. I don't put them by the window because of drafts from the window here=they would die. I put them across from the heating vent to keep them warm. Also there are blinds on the window and they wouldn't be able so see out anyhow, especially with the setup I have them living on. They are happy regardless.

I want to tell you about little Alice. She is 3 and a half years old. When I got her I also had had Danny Boy for 7 years. They got along together real well and Alice adored Danny. She even laid 3 eggs. They never hatched, tho. When Alice was 6 mos. old Danny became paralyzed and died within a month and Alice was just about 8 or 9 mos. old I figure because she must have been a few mos. old when I got her. Poor little Alice lost the love of her life.

Then within a month I got Jasmine to be her buddy. Didn't even know Jasmine was a girl when I got her. Alice was mean towards Jasmine at first, she wanted Danny back but he was gone. Alice and Jasmine since have become great friends! Some say hens can't get along, well for awhile they didn't but now they do and are so glad to have the companionship!

Here are Alice and Danny Boy:

PyepE7g.jpg

Here are Alice and Jasmine:

HZI0HYi.jpg

Hi Ruth - Love the pics. Your birds go well with my Twilight (blue) and Quin (white & grey); I also have Sunny (yellow) and Pete (classic green). I built my birds a flight cage using an interior greenhouse frame. They are in constant motion until I shut off the lights. Also, they are in the kitchen, so I have to be super careful what I use. For the good news, I'm not into chemicals or fancy cleaners - baking soda and muscles. I did have to scour the Goodwill store to find a stainless steel frying pan! My four birds have such distinct personalities - They amaze and amuse me all day long!

Hi Ruth - Love the pics. Your birds go well with my Twilight (blue) and Quin (white & grey); I also have Sunny (yellow) and Pete (classic green). I built my birds a flight cage using an interior greenhouse frame. They are in constant motion until I shut off the lights. Also, they are in the kitchen, so I have to be super careful what I use. For the good news, I'm not into chemicals or fancy cleaners - baking soda and muscles. I did have to scour the Goodwill store to find a stainless steel frying pan! My four birds have such distinct personalities - They amaze and amuse me all day long!
Thanks for your post about your birds. My birds cage is open all day long and they fly around whenever they care to. I've been using Revere Ware pots and pans forever now.

Thanks for your post about your birds. My birds cage is open all day long and they fly around whenever they care to. I've been using Revere Ware pots and pans forever now.
I had a full set of Revere Ware (vintage) - and gave it all to my grand-daughter when she set up her household. Who would have guessed that I would want it back, when I had "no-stick" convenience replacement stuff! Oh well, the birdies come first. Hmmm...just occurred to me that my Revere Ware had copper bottoms. I haven't heard anything negative about heated copper. Does your stuff have copper? The stuff that I picked up at Goodwill was just cheap stainless steel anyway. All is good (-: Question - I grow sprouts for my birds and they love them. They won't eat anything but seeds and sprouts. I add chia and flax seeds to the generic bulk mix. Do your birds eat a more diverse range of food? I honestly tried hard to get them to eat fruits and other veggies - and gave up.

Last edited:
I had a full set of Revere Ware (vintage) - and gave it all to my grand-daughter when she set up her household. Who would have guessed that I would want it back, when I had "no-stick" convenience replacement stuff! Oh well, the birdies come first. Hmmm...just occurred to me that my Revere Ware had copper bottoms. I haven't heard anything negative about heated copper. Does your stuff have copper? The stuff that I picked up at Goodwill was just cheap stainless steel anyway. All is good (-: Question - I grow sprouts for my birds and they love them. They won't eat anything but seeds and sprouts. I add chia and flax seeds to the generic bulk mix. Do your birds eat a more diverse range of food? I honestly tried hard to get them to eat fruits and other veggies - and gave up.
Yes, my rw have copper bottoms. In the 19 years I've had birds and been using rw never posed a problem. I tried, too, feeding them veggies, eggs. Once the one ate some egg but not much. I'm going to try that again. They turned their noses up at kale. I give them a seed based formula that also has fruits veggies and supplements in it and they tear it up! Love it. It's by VitaKraft.

Yes, my rw have copper bottoms. In the 19 years I've had birds and been using rw never posed a problem. I tried, too, feeding them veggies, eggs. Once the one ate some egg but not much. I'm going to try that again. They turned their noses up at kale. I give them a seed based formula that also has fruits veggies and supplements in it and they tear it up! Love it. It's by VitaKraft.
Thanks - I'll try to find the VitaKraft locally. Really, I got tired of wasting money on things they refused. I ended up throwing the stuff outside for whatever might be interested in trying it. Just Googled - which mix do you use - a couple came up.

Thanks - I'll try to find the VitaKraft locally. Really, I got tired of wasting money on things they refused. I ended up throwing the stuff outside for whatever might be interested in trying it. Just Googled - which mix do you use - a couple came up.
I just started them on Menu-Complete Care. I'm mixing it with the old one (kaytee fiesta-also good but it didn't come in the 2.5 pound bag I need) and then I'll go solely on the Vitakraft Menu. I got it on Amazon.

I just started them on Menu-Complete Care. I'm mixing it with the old one (kaytee fiesta-also good but it didn't come in the 2.5 pound bag I need) and then I'll go solely on the Vitakraft Menu. I got it on Amazon.
Thanks - hope it doesn't have pellets or artificial colors. My birds won't touch pellets at all and I won't feed them artificial coloring. I'll research it tomorrow. Much appreciated! I bought a pellet food that they wouldn't eat and ground it up, added distilled water, and turned it into air-dried crackers - they ate it then, but not with great enthusiasm. It's the fruits and other veggies that I would really like them to eat. I spent rather large sums for fruits that were local to their original native habitat - ended up eating them, because they had no interest at all! They say, feed at first meal when they are hungriest... didn't work - and I can't stand seeing them get too hungry! I buckle. Anyway, going back to sleep now. Thanks for your feedback!

Doesn't have pellets, mine have never eaten them either. Oh yes, I put a little Harrison's High Potency Mash formula in their food, too. I sprinkle it on top.

Doesn't have pellets, mine have never eaten them either. Oh yes, I put a little Harrison's High Potency Mash formula in their food, too. I sprinkle it on top.
Hi Ruth - Just went to the Harrison's site and it says it is temporarily closed. None of the links are active. This is why I tried to stock up on bulk seed, as I feared a breakdown in the distribution chains. So, if you can find it anywhere, you might want to try and get more now - sad, but I don't want my little charges to have to make drastic changes in their diet. /-;

Hi Ruth - Just went to the Harrison's site and it says it is temporarily closed. None of the links are active. This is why I tried to stock up on bulk seed, as I feared a breakdown in the distribution chains. So, if you can find it anywhere, you might want to try and get more now - sad, but I don't want my little charges to have to make drastic changes in their diet. /-;
I'm fine on the Harrison's. One pound in the refrigerator lasts a long time. They also sell it on Amazon but I haven't priced it recently. I just use very little at a time. Thanks Empty. :)

Hi Ruth, I haven't been here for a long time, dealing with selling my home and moving. It's good to be in touch again. I love seeing the pics of your feathered friends and how they bring joy to your life.

Hi Ruth, I haven't been here for a long time, dealing with selling my home and moving. It's good to be in touch again. I love seeing the pics of your feathered friends and how they bring joy to your life.
Thanks, it's great to see you here again! Birds are wonderful little creatures, I've had a total of 9 of them over the years. They are so sweet but timid too at times. Mine have always loved to fly around the living room, chase each other around, play with their toys and eat! One of them that I have now is always at the food dish--takes after me. :ROFLMAO:

Back