The best thing about aging is?

Ladybj

Live, Laugh and Love
We hear so many negative things about aging, I thought I would start a discussion on the positives of aging. For me, kids are grown out of the house. Although hubby and I are together - I have more "me" time and "us" time. Women can understand this but NO MORE MONTHLY CYCLES...🤣🤣
Also I enjoy giving advice to younger generations - with some, it goes in one ear and out the other but hopefully, I planted a seed. My daughter is 28 and I think she has listened through out the years.

The best thing is I'm no longer a kid with all the illusions that pushed me into things that weren't real, but everyone said they were. I have a lot more common sense now. I know that if someone likes me, it's not because of what I look like. I know that if someone is jealous of me, it is not because of what I look like. I've grown into a kinder, wiser person. I like me now. I have more confidence. I have more skills...ones I had to work for. I have a lifetime of experience which guides me.

The best thing is I'm no longer a kid with all the illusions that pushed me into things that weren't real, but everyone said they were. I have a lot more common sense now. I know that if someone likes me, it's not because of what I look like. I know that if someone is jealous of me, it is not because of what I look like. I've grown into a kinder, wiser person. I like me now. I have more confidence. I have more skills...ones I had to work for. I have a lifetime of experience which guides me.
LOVE IT!!!!! I can definitely relate.

Not really sure on that yet.
I'm still trying to figure how i'm supposed to act.
I'm definitely learning more patience.

Haven't reached the part where i'm told not to do something........and someone volunteers to do it for me.
Will have to go and think about this for a while.
Don't worry if i don't come with something right away......Stay tuned.

The growth of years long friendships. I've studied with three college groups, moved a lot and worked numerous jobs, and enjoyed most of the people along the way. But a few really 'took' and the deepening of those friendships is something that can only happen with time.

Odd woman out on the monthlies. Maybe it's just because they stopped so long ago (autoimmune issues late 20s) and I was so young but I've always felt like I lost part of my femininity going through premature ovarian failure.

Back