The disappearance of Maura Murray

chic

SF VIP
In 2004, 21 year old MA nursing student Maura Murray drove to Woodsville NH., had a car accident and disappeared there. Before she left she had contacted her school and supervisors telling them she was taking time off for a death in the family. (There was no death in her family.) A passerby witnessed Maura's car accident and offered help but she declined. The witness then contacted police but when they arrived, Maura had already vanished. The police treated the case as a voluntary disappearance because of the phone calls she had made cancelling plans and commitments. As years went by the case went cold. Maura has never been seen or heard from again.

A tree near the site of the car accident was used for years as a place where locals and visitors left pictures and floral tributes for Maura. This winter the tree was mysteriously axed down. No one knows who did it or why and no one is claiming responsibility.

I think that she is still around and got embarrassed
about the floral tributes, so chopped the tree down.

Mike.

It sounds as though she was fed-up with her life and decided to do a vanishing act and make a fresh start. I'm sure we have all felt like that at some time.

It sounds as though she was fed-up with her life and decided to do a vanishing act and make a fresh start. I'm sure we have all felt like that at some time.
Or, maybe she planned to meet someone there? And that someone took her elsewhere and killed her? NH is primarily densely wooded. If she had been murdered she might never be found.

Back