The Great Lake States.

Remy

I started watching a bridge cam in Charlevoix Michigan. It's made me kind of obsessive with the great lake states right now. Water! While I'm in this nightmare of California. I could never make the move on my own. I know I'm probably trapped here. Prices there are not super cheap either. I've looked on Realtor dot com. The only way I could survive winters there would be in a condo anyway. I lived in Washington state but never in that kind of cold.

Just venting. And wishing.

always greener on the other side of the fence. algae blooms again in Lake Erie this year. ontario with all the great lakes around the southern portion have one of the highest rate of tornado incidents after the american mid west and south. Some of the snow squalls off the lakes are amazing to see and watch until you have to shovel it !

always greener on the other side of the fence. algae blooms again in Lake Erie this year. ontario with all the great lakes around the southern portion have one of the highest rate of tornado incidents after the american mid west and south. Some of the snow squalls off the lakes are amazing to see and watch until you have to shovel it !
I sure agree with the grass is always greener. I have heard of pollution issues with some of the lakes, sadly. I don't remember any details.

I didn't know they had tornados in that area. I just see the water and love the sight of it. It's so appealing to see and I'd like to be surrounded by water right now.

It depends on where you live here in Michigan. Of course, it can get pretty cold up north. But, in lower Michigan, it's not so bad. We don't get as much snow as some states south of us, in what they call the snow belt.

It depends on where you live here in Michigan. Of course, it can get pretty cold up north. But, in lower Michigan, it's not so bad. We don't get as much snow as some states south of us, in what they call the snow belt.
We get lake effect snow every winter when the wind blows from that direction, but not as bad as Buffalo NY which gets buried.

Remy, WHY DON'T you want to make a move on your own?
Don't ever be afraid to do ANYTHING!
if you do move anywhere though, I'd go check it out in not so nice seasons before you jump in!
The more you open up to new possibilities, the more wonderful things occur in your life!

Ah yes, the Midwest. I was born and raised there.

Long ago some friends were transferred there for work reasons. They invited us to come visit. My Spouse had never been east of the Rockies, so he was looking forward to seeing my old home town.

He said, "When shall we go?"

I replied, "There is one month of good weather in the Midwest. Two weeks in the spring, and two weeks in the fall. You have to guess when those will be. The rest of the time, the weather is awful!"

There are many worse places to live than coastal Northern CA, where we do. No plans to move out of the area.

We get lake effect snow every winter when the wind blows from that direction, but not as bad as Buffalo NY which gets buried.
Chet,you are quite mistaken when you said "Buffalo,NY which gets buried'
I live right in the city,we don't get half as much snow as areas south of the city known as 'southern tier,ski country'. The ski areas are located there,they always get the bulk of the snow every year.It depends how the winds come across Lake Erie.The beauty of living in WNY,all areas don't get snow at the same time
At the Buffalo Airport where the weather station is located is 20 min from where I live. It could be snowing there,sunny here in the city Sue

Ah yes, the Midwest. I was born and raised there.

Long ago some friends were transferred there for work reasons. They invited us to come visit. My Spouse had never been east of the Rockies, so he was looking forward to seeing my old home town.

He said, "When shall we go?"

I replied, "There is one month of good weather in the Midwest. Two weeks in the spring, and two weeks in the fall. You have to guess when those will be. The rest of the time, the weather is awful!"

There are many worse places to live than coastal Northern CA, where we do. No plans to move out of the area.
I believe you as someone who lived there. I'm from Santa Cruz, first 25 years of my life. But who could live there now. The weather was good, the ocean is wonderful. I'm more inland now.

All I could think today was California: Come for the reputation, stay for the insane housing prices, drought, fires and homeless. :(

Nothing wonderful is going to happen to me. Too many bad things have.

It takes resources, money that I don't have to make a move like that. I've looked at the prices in states back there.

I'm still trapped here by my stand by abuser stepfather. He doesn't get or care about any of my worry or fears.

I still wish I could move.

Back