The heir to the UK throne needs a few pounds????

One thing I noticed was the "North America" terminology. Let's see what nations comprise N.A.? Well, there's Canada. Gees, there's another one.....it's right on the tip of my tongue......... oh yeah, it's Guatemala. No offense Canadians, "North America" means LA or NYC. I think the idea of Harry not living in the UK would be hard for Brits to take. CNN had a blurb about this. Apparently, nobody at the "palace" knew this was coming- not even Grandmama. Somehow this doesn't sound like a happy family.
I wonder what "royal duties" are, and how necessary are they?
And hollydolly was correct. It's not like you or I moving to another nation. They need security and protection, which is , now, all up in the air.

List of countries in North America (countriesoftheworld.com)
Occupying the northern part of the large supercontinent known as Americas or New World, North America is surrounded by the Arctic Ocean from the north and by the Atlantic Ocean from the east, by the Pacific Ocean from the west and south. It has an overland border with South America continent, which runs along the state boundary between Panama and Colombia.
In total, in North America, there are 23 officially recognized independent states. The largest of them is Canada, followed by also rather big the United States. These two giants together occupy more than 79% of the whole continent area. The smallest country in this part of the world is Saint Kitts and Nevis, it is only two small islands in the Caribbean.
Among the most visited North American countries the number one is the USA, where New York City is considered the most attractive landmark for travelers, further followed by Mexico and Canada.
The always up-to-date list of countries of North America in alphabetical order
  • A
  • Antigua and Barbuda
  • B
  • Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Belize
  • C
  • Canada
  • Costa Rica
  • Cuba
  • D
  • Dominica
  • Dominican Republic
  • E
  • El Salvador
  • G
  • Grenada
  • Guatemala
  • H
  • Haiti
  • Honduras
  • J
  • Jamaica
  • M
  • Mexico
  • N
  • Nicaragua
  • P
  • Panama
  • S
  • Saint Kitts and Nevis
  • Saint Lucia
  • Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
  • T
  • Trinidad and Tobago
  • U
  • United States of America (USA)
List of dependent territories of North America in alphabetical order
  • A
  • Anguilla (UK)
  • Aruba (Netherlands)
  • B
  • Bermuda (UK)
  • Bonaire (Netherlands)
  • British Virgin Islands (UK)
  • C
  • Cayman Islands (UK)
  • Clipperton Island (France)
  • Curacao (Netherlands)
  • G
  • Greenland (Denmark)
  • Guadeloupe (France)
  • M
  • Martinique (France)
  • Montserrat (UK)
  • N
  • Navassa Island (USA)
  • P
  • Puerto Rico (USA)
  • S
  • Saba (Netherlands)
  • Saint Barthelemy (France)
  • Saint Martin (France)
  • Saint Pierre and Miquelon (France)
  • Sint Eustatius (Netherlands)
  • Sint Maarten (Netherlands)
  • T
  • Turks and Caicos Islands (UK)
  • U
  • US Virgin Islands (USA)

When the Monarch dies, succession goes to the oldest
living child, it used to be son, but that has changed, so
that statement really means that it should go to Princess
Anne, if Prince Charles dies before the Queen, it cannot
go to Prince William as he will not be in line as his father
never had the Monarchy to pass on!

That is why I said in may previous post "unless there has
been a change", of the Rules/Laws about succession or
lineage, that is how it is.

Mike.

That is very interesting. Does Princess Anne have children? If so would the crown go to them on Princess Anne's passing (if she became Queen)? If Princess Anne becomes Queen and dies without living children, what happens to the crown then?

Practically speaking, most people identify North America as Canada, US, and sometimes Mexico. Central America: sometimes Mexico and all the countries south of Mexico from Guatemala through Panama. Countries south of Panama are in South America.

Island nations in the Caribbean Sea are generally known as Caribbean Nations.

Truly, I've never heard anyone refer to Panama as being part of North America, though technically it appears that it would be if one were splitting the land mass in two rather than three or four.

Last edited:
That is very interesting. Does Princess Anne have children? If so would the crown go to them on Princess Anne's passing (if she became Queen)? If Princess Anne becomes Queen and dies without living children, what happens to the crown then?
Read my post #72. Princess Anne is #14 in the succession order.

I can't understand why the U.S. media pays so much attention to the British Royal Family. I suppose that what that "hierarchy" does has some minor effect on citizens of the UK, but their lives are of no consequence here. IMO, they can do what they want.
I've always said that nobody admits to gossiping, but most of them do it. Especially if the subject is famous, like a royal. The other reason is that England is the ''mother country'' of most of the US, and their people are the ''cousins''. 😻

This may sound strange but consider the source.

I'm beginning to think that the flap surrounding Harry and Meghan's announcement is a carefully crafted way to draw fire away from Andrew and his association with Jeffrey Epstein, the interview, etc...

I think that in a week or two some compromise will be announced where Harry and Meghan will split time between their cottage at Windsor Castle and a new home in North America.

I have read that they're planning to use the name ''Sussex Royal'' for merchandizing, but if he gives up royalty he "might" get stripped of his royal title and won't be able to use it.

Read my post #72. Princess Anne is #14 in the succession order.

But here is what Mike said above about the event that Prince Charles predeceases the Queen:

"When the Monarch dies, succession goes to the oldest

lineage, that is how it is. "

This may sound strange but consider the source.

I'm beginning to think that the flap surrounding Harry and Meghan's announcement is a carefully crafted way to draw fire away from Andrew and his association with Jeffrey Epstein, the interview, etc...

I think that in a week or two some compromise will be announced where Harry and Meghan will split time between their cottage at Windsor Castle and a new home in North America.
Could be AB. But I thought it was always going to be sharing time in each country anyway.

But here is what Mike said above about the event that Prince Charles predeceases the Queen:

"When the Monarch dies, succession goes to the oldest

lineage, that is how it is. "
I just googled it =

Only if Charles dies before the Queen would William become king when the Queen dies." This means that if William becomes the king of England, Middleton will become the queen of England. ... William and Middleton's son Prince George is next in line for the royal throne.

Dig that cartoon, Pink Biz. Good for a laugh. Harry won't get stripped of his title and he is most certainly independently wealthy. If only I could have his yearly shoe budget, I'm be a happy little camper. You're right, Laurie. The Princess certainly knew/knows how to handle the media.

She courted the media glare.The paparazzi were a drug to her, and she became addicted.

Princess Anne managed to raise Zara away from the glare of publicity.

Diana was 18 when she started dating 31 year old Charles, and had barely turned 20 when they got married. Good grief - that speedy courtship and age difference alone would be a lot for any 20 year old to sort out.

Throw in going from anonymity to being plastered on the front page of every newspaper on the planet, realizing you had parents-in-law from hell, being thrust into a life where your every move was governed by detailed protocol and high expectations, and discovering you were married to someone whose heart was elsewhere... Not exactly a Disney Princess story, though she surely looked the part.

This was a woman more to be pitied than scorned. Her parents should have slowed that courtship waaaay down.

Diana was 18 when she started dating 31 year old Charles, and had barely turned 20 when they got married. Good grief - that speedy courtship and age difference alone would be a lot for any 20 year old to sort out.

Throw in going from anonymity to being plastered on the front page of every newspaper on the planet, realizing you had parents-in-law from hell, being thrust into a life where your every move was governed by detailed protocol and high expectations, and discovering you were married to someone whose heart was elsewhere... Not exactly a Disney Princess story, though she surely looked the part.

This was a woman more to be pitied than scorned. Her parents should have slowed that courtship waaaay down.
Charles dated her older sister first, then aimed for Diana. I don't know the details about that.

I agree with everything you said. And she probably thought she was a Disney Princess and Charles was her Prince Charming. She probably didn't know that Camilla was the love of his life and he was not allowed to marry her because she was already married and he was not allowed to marry a divorced woman. My, how times have changed since then!

Back