The Ice Cream Parlour

I'm not convinced there's much dairy in there. Maybe none at all. Why's there only 3 flavors
My first job was in an soft-serve ice cream & pizza place. One hot long weekend, they ran out of the powdered milk for the mix. The boss told us to just use the other half of the mix. Only one young person of all the thousands complained that there was no flavour. We gave her a refund.

There are some really greedy people when it comes to ice cream, not me though, but I have to admit, that the arthritis gives me pergatory when I have to use both hands to support a massive, massive mountain of an ice cream cone. :LOL:
Hey ladies, I've edited my post, I don't want you being 'sad'. :)

My first job was in an soft-serve ice cream & pizza place. One hot long weekend, they ran out of the powdered milk for the mix. The boss told us to just use the other half of the mix. Only one young person of all the thousands complained that there was no flavour. We gave her a refund.
I don't know if the mix contains powdered milk these days, or if so I think there's not much in there.
The texture is way creamier, it melts a bit faster and tastes less like real ice cream than it used to. I'm skeptical.

Those days were 50+ years ago. Good grief, where did time go?
Me and my grandma used to make ice cream in one of those bucket things. I helped put in the rock salt and turned the crank til my arms got tired, then she turned it. She put in milk, of course, and fruit, sometimes vanilla, sometimes nuts or broken up cookies. My 2 favorites were strawberry and vanilla with sugar cookie chunks.

when i was a kid, my grandfather would make peach ice cream in the summer. old school crank operated ice cream maker powered but several of his grandkids. when peaches on his backyard tree were ripe, he'd get out the ice cream churn. he'd send us into his backyard for several peaches. NOT picked off the tree, but picked UP off the ground. bruises & bad spots cut away. then we'd take turns cranking.

Back