The old days of cutting class/skipping school

There can only be one explanation for such... you were in the same class as ASP and C'est! ROFLMAO!
Seriously, I had my heart on becoming a state policeman from the time I was 9 y/o and I had to remind myself very often when I was about to make a bad choice. When you apply for the job, they vet your background very closely, including having to take a polygraph. The polygraph examiner told me after it was over that most candidates get the boot because they lie during the test.

Believe it or not, the most failed question for a state police candidate is, "Have you ever committed insurance fraud?" This astounded me.

Seriously, I had my heart on becoming a state policeman from the time I was 9 y/o and I had to remind myself very often when I was about to make a bad choice. When you apply for the job, they vet your background very closely, including having to take a polygraph. The polygraph examiner told me after it was over that most candidates get the boot because they lie during the test.

Believe it or not, the most failed question for a state police candidate is, "Have you ever committed insurance fraud?" This astounded me.
I was just having a little fun poking a little fun at you guys today. :)

I'll bet the application process is stringent.

The insurance fraud question is sort of wobbly. I can think of many others that IMO would be more in keeping with feeling out an applicant for the position.

In High School, some of the girls wanted to get out of school....Most of them had their Mom wrote a letter to the
Principal to leave school before going to the cafeteria for lunch...We were 5 of us....I couldn't go cause my Mom
didn't write the letter...So I never skipped school unless I was sick....They called me "Goody Two Shoes"...
But we all were good and stayed friends..

In High School, some of the girls wanted to get out of school....Most of them had their Mom wrote a letter to the
Principal to leave school before going to the cafeteria for lunch...We were 5 of us....I couldn't go cause my Mom
didn't write the letter...So I never skipped school unless I was sick....They called me "Goody Two Shoes"...
But we all were good and stayed friends..
Now that's what I call getting a bum-rap! LOL!

My dad actually caught me skipping towards the very end of my grade 12 school year, and while he huffed and puffed a little, I honestly don't think he really cared. My dad always had a way of being overly theatrical when he got upset, always making such a big deal about nothing.

Do I regret cutting class? Not a smidgeon, in fact, I wish I had partaken in it more. Some of my most fun and enjoyable times were my grade 12 year.

My job in the Navy, and in my follow-on civilian career required periodic (and random) polygraphs. It was not my favorite way to spend an afternoon and they typically tried to irritate people before they even started. Some of the questions were way off the wall in my book.

My job in the Navy, and in my follow-on civilian career required periodic (and random) polygraphs. It was not my favorite way to spend an afternoon and they typically tried to irritate people before they even started. Some of the questions were way off the wall in my book.
I've never understood that about the military, hollering at the recruits, getting right in their face. I'd come unglued if someone treated me like that.

I was just having a little fun poking a little fun at you guys today. :)

I'll bet the application process is stringent.

The insurance fraud question is sort of wobbly. I can think of many others that IMO would be more in keeping with feeling out an applicant for the position.
I knew a retired Marine Full Colonel who was asked to take a "life style" polygraph for a classified civilian job he was applying for. The first question they asked him was so insulting that he got up from the chair, ripped of the wires, and told them to "stuff it." The individual giving him the polygraph is lucky that he did not get punched out. I will not repeat the question here because it was so unbelievably gross.

My friend did not have any problem finding a job with a different company.

I knew a retired Marine Full Colonel who was asked to take a "life style" polygraph for a classified civilian job he was applying for. The first question they asked him was so insulting that he got up from the chair, ripped of the wires, and told them to "stuff it." The individual giving him the polygraph is lucky that he did not get punched out. I will not repeat the question here because it was so unbelievably gross.

My friend did not have any problem finding a job with a different company.
Kudos to your friend, and double kudos to him for not lashing-out with a physical attack. :love:

Now that's what I call getting a bum-rap! LOL!

My dad actually caught me skipping towards the very end of my grade 12 school year, and while he huffed and puffed a little, I honestly don't think he really cared. My dad always had a way of being overly theatrical when he got upset, always making such a big deal about nothing.

Do I regret cutting class? Not a smidgeon, in fact, I wish I had partaken in it more. Some of my most fun and enjoyable times were my grade 12 year.
Yes, 12th grade was the best...My Boyfriend is my husband now....55 year's

I've never understood that about the military, hollering at the recruits, getting right in their face. I'd come unglued if someone treated me like that.
I wasn't a recruit when polygraphs were started, I was a full Commander (O-5) with close to 30 years in the Navy. It was implemented across all the military services and the civil service as well.

Now as to why recruits get yelled at, that is another question entirely.
One of the legitimate and important questions that the military services have is how will this new 18 year old react when he encounters stress. You don't want some kid to break down crying when the task at hand is fighting a dangerous fire on a ship, or being in a firefight with other ground forces. The service experiences in combat are full of instances where people "just fell apart" when under real world stress.

The vast majority of time in our boot camps is spent on training, but there are still stressful moments for all of us. In 1960, my initial boot camp company of 80 men had about 4 wash out for a variety of problems: bed wetting, inability to handle minor stress, inability to clean up after themselves, you name it. Later in my career I often encountered Sailors and Marines who should have been washed out in the first week of boot camp.

I wasn't a recruit when polygraphs were started, I was a full Commander (O-5) with close to 30 years in the Navy. It was implemented across all the military services and the civil service as well.

Now as to why recruits get yelled at, that is another question entirely.
One of the legitimate and important questions that the military services have is how will this new 18 year old react when he encounters stress. You don't want some kid to break down crying when the task at hand is fighting a dangerous fire on a ship, or being in a firefight with other ground forces. The service experiences in combat are full of instances where people "just fell apart" when under real world stress.

The vast majority of time in our boot camps is spent on training, but there are still stressful moments for all of us. In 1960, my initial boot camp company of 80 men had about 4 wash out for a variety of problems: bed wetting, inability to handle minor stress, inability to clean up after themselves, you name it. Later in my career I often encountered Sailors and Marines who should have been washed out in the first week of boot camp.
Thanks for the great insight, Pecos.

Sometimes it's hard to compute the rhymes and reasons outside of ones own bubble, but it makes perfect sense to me now.

Definitely not for the weak.

The Marines did that to us in basic. We were told it was help us to learn to deal with stress and intimidation. Well, if that was their goal,
I was forewarned that I was going in for a poly. There was nothing like you mentioned. They took me into a room and hooked me up and asked me 15 questions beside the test questions, which I was told to lie for the second question which was, “Were you in the Army?” And I answered, “Yes.” The first question was, “Is your name so and so,” which was right.

My favorite question was, “Have you had an affair since you were married?” I wondered how many people got that question wrong? One wrong answer and you fail the poly, which means you’re out.

I went to a Catholic school, with nuns. You couldn't skip because the nuns always called your house, if you didn't show up. There was none of this letter from home stuff. If your note wasn't hand written by the Pope, and delivered by angels, they always called home. So, we could never cut.
Well, Fuzzy, that's what I call a major bummer!

I'm a little late to this party...but, I used to ditch 12th grade w/one of my gfriends and we'd drive up to the lake.
I think it was during my book keeping class, and lunch was after that.

Her parents bought her one of cars...a Gremlin, so off we'd go. Looking for guys.
No booze, no weed.
No fun lol!

I'm a little late to this party...but, I used to ditch 12th grade w/one of my gfriends and we'd drive up to the lake.
I think it was during my book keeping class, and lunch was after that.

Her parents bought her one of cars...a Gremlin, so off we'd go. Looking for guys.
No booze, no weed.
No fun lol!
You're never late to join one of my parties! :)

Far out! I remember those old Gremlin cars! The Gremlin and Pacer, two of the most wild looking cars back in the day.

Back