The Remote

If pressing keys harder, or additional times, is not effective, then try banging the remote on a table. :LOL:

If still not working, try banging it harder? :ROFLMAO:

Remember, if something very old has stopped working, before you panic or discard it,
look to see if it is fully plugged in.

How about when the powers out and I keep going into rooms and turning on the switch.
Or,when I lived with a well,turning on the faucet for water.

Unless they know what they are doing, I wouldn't advise anyone to take their computer keyboard apart. The little remotes are pretty simple. The hard part is getting them open. Sometimes it's just a couple screws, but often it involves prying apart plastic snaps.

Don
Yes I know. I had to replace my keyboard. Not expensive used. Got the advice from the computer repair guy.
If the remote is giving trouble it's time to replace it. Fortunately my cable supplier replaces them at no charge. But the universal ones are not expensive and you can program them to your t.v. with codes or the automatic search feature. Been there. Done all that. Keep plugging away.

Decent keyboards don't have the rubber keys, and are pretty reliable. But, most any remote has them, and they're all over the place. We have them for a ceiling fan, a rotating fan, stereo sets, car key fobs,TVs, and the portable air conditioner in my garage shop. I'd never touch the ones supplied by the cable company. They're easy to swap out.

Don

Back