Then & Now Teens Exposed to Violence in Music

Knight

I didn't have much to do so I thought about what I was exposed to as a teen and what teens are exposed to now. After watching these two videos I don't think an explanation is needed about what we see daily in the news. Music says a lot.

My teen years or {then}
8 min & 34 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq--8HXYjnc

Now pay attention to the warning it is real. WARNING: OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE AND VIOLENCE
3 min 20 seconds

I wouldn't have been exposed to much as a teen as my dad was very strict with us. Now I don't look or watch vulgar or violent movies, etc. Guess I have lived a sheltered life compared to others but I prefer it that way. I know it exists, I just don't expose myself to it.

It always gets worse I suppose but I remember my folks and their friends being outraged at Elvis when he first came on the scene. Seems pretty tame to see a clip of him performing but not to my folks. When I was a kid, there was no TV and the movies of that time were quite tame.

It's really sad that the world we are living in today is so much more dangerous than when I was growing up. I remember my Dad walking out of the room if a commercial came on about a woman's bra and it wasn't even on a person,but on a dummy. He would fell uncomfortable watching it in front of us. I can only imagine what he would think of the ****** commercials and all the other kinds of commercials they have today. I wish the young people had some days like we did in the past.

I watched as much of the videos as I could. There sure is a difference in 50-60 years ago. The second video is showing gang violence and i'm not sure why they made it. Maybe to show us what life is like for some. It's really sad really.:(

Back