Things are Getting a Little Dark

Sometimes life just gets to you. I had really severe constipation about ten years ago (contact me if you'd like more info). It was so bad that I went to Kaiser, seeking relief. They told me that they were not an emergency room and that I should purchase an enema and treat myself. That was all it took to set me off. I have to admit that I made a bit of a scene, but I couldn't poop and I was in a lot of pain! They just looked at me like I was nuts. :ROFLMAO:
I feel for ya Irwin. There have been isolated times that this has happened to me. I have to be very careful as you can imagine. Sometimes you can do all the right things and still can get no relief. My grandmother took Swiss Kriss, the loose herbs, all her life and lived to be 89 and a mind clear as a bell. I take Japanese Knotweed which helps. Sometimes we just need to stand up for ourselves. I support your outburst 100%!❤️:)

I think that's what we're all trying to do, our thing; get on with our lives as best we can whilst moving around the continual imposing and lifting of restrictions. They are happening; there's no sense in pretending like they're not.

I don't blame you; I'm sick and tired of Covid too; yet here it still is.
And, it isn't going anywhere soon, so blathering about it constantly doesn't change matters at all.

I agree "rob" and have had the same experience . Live on the outskirts of a city of 90-100,000. Not much has changed including the driving. Not much better or worse than before COVID.

Just wonder if some folks keep tabs on smallpox, scarlet fever, polio, ect.. Ills of the past that after enough experimenting have seemed to disappeared or lessened greatly.

Wonder if politics had stayed out of it, we would have been much further along the road to a possible cure of our present "plague". And don't kid yourself. Follow posters political viewpoint and their stand on "vax/anti vax". 9 times out of 10, they will follow each other hand in hand. Don't listen to any medical advice - -your rep, senator, party leader is the "go to" guy or gal.

No wonder there seems to be no solution to today's severe health problem that in years past, would have been eventually solved without the "aid" of politicians.
Politicians on one side of the aisle benefit by maintaining the pandemic. They claim that the other side is just trying to control you with their lockdowns, restrictions, and vaccine mandates. They claim that the other side is trying to reinforce their power and silence critics. They claim the other side is lying to you about the severity of the virus. They claim that you need to vote for them or you will be enslaved by the other side, who will take away all your freedoms. Of course, they are all vaccinated and boosted, but they want you to resist doing so. They want you to be afraid — very afraid, just like you should be afraid of people with dark skin or who don't have the same religious beliefs as you. And only they can protect you.

Politicians on one side of the aisle benefit by maintaining the pandemic
Really unfortunate politics has taken such a big role in this. It has taken much of the rationality out of the process.

I don't know why Republicans, Democrats, conservatives or liberals should have such different views. This is just a matter of public health and safety. All of these same folks would agree that we need a safe drinking water supply, don't know why this should be different. I can see policy differences, but not on this scale.

And, it isn't going anywhere soon, so blathering about it constantly doesn't change matters at all.
The point in discussion (in this case) is not to change matters but simply to discuss them. Many people find comfort in talking with each other about mutual troubles. That's why support groups are so ubiquitous; mutual comfort in dialogue and exchange. It's what people do when troubled, worried or in pain; they talk.

My question for you is this: Why do you not simply ignore the conversation if you don't want to hear about or participate in it? It's easy enough to do.

There are many things I don't care to hear about or discuss... so I don't. :)

This 2 YEARS to flatten the curve .... as we were told we were doing......... not stay at home til this is all gone ..
is getting to many many people and frankly i am surprised we have not had more hostility issues.
Because it's obvious the tactics aren't working. Jobs lost, businesses closed after people invested their money, sweat, and tears, families and relationships stressed or torn apart, education at a standstill, the nation split, people living in isolation and loved ones dying in isolation...and *it* is still here. I'm also surprised there hasn't been even more hostility than we've seen so far.

Because it's obvious the tactics aren't working. Jobs lost, businesses closed after people invested their money, sweat, and tears, families and relationships stressed or torn apart, education at a standstill, the nation split, people living in isolation and loved ones dying in isolation...and *it* is still here. I'm also surprised there hasn't been even more hostility than we've seen so far.
So what do you suggest — that they do nothing? Just allow everyone to go about their business as if there was nothing wrong? A hell of a lot more people would get sick and die, and many more businesses would fail.

There would be a lot less suffering if everyone would get vaccinated. I like what Macron said about the unvaccinated:

"The unvaccinated, I really want to piss them off. And so, we're going to continue doing so, until the end. That's the strategy," Macron told Le Parisien newspaper in an interview published late on Tuesday.​
France last year put in place a health pass that prevents people without a PCR test or proof of vaccination to enter restaurants, cafes and other venues. The government wants to turn it into a vaccine passport that means only the vaccinated can have a health pass.​
"I won't send (the unvaccinated) to prison, I won't vaccinate by force. So we need to tell them, from Jan. 15, you won't be able to go to the restaurant anymore, you won't be able to down one, won't be able to have a coffee, go to the theatre, the cinema..."​

So what do you suggest — that they do nothing? Just allow everyone to go about their business as if there was nothing wrong? A hell of a lot more people would get sick and die, and many more businesses would fail.

There would be a lot less suffering if everyone would get vaccinated. I like what Macron said about the unvaccinated:

"The unvaccinated, I really want to piss them off. And so, we're going to continue doing so, until the end. That's the strategy," Macron told Le Parisien newspaper in an interview published late on Tuesday.​
France last year put in place a health pass that prevents people without a PCR test or proof of vaccination to enter restaurants, cafes and other venues. The government wants to turn it into a vaccine passport that means only the vaccinated can have a health pass.​
"I won't send (the unvaccinated) to prison, I won't vaccinate by force. So we need to tell them, from Jan. 15, you won't be able to go to the restaurant anymore, you won't be able to down one, won't be able to have a coffee, go to the theatre, the cinema..."​
You are desperate to find a simple solution to a complicated problem.
Much like those who tell overweight people, "Just eat less."
Macron is the ultimate moron.

Well said Irwin.
Macron is a a man of action. A hero! A French hero!

So what do you suggest — that they do nothing?
It would have been great if everyone, especially the world's governmets, had just listened to actual scientists and actual researchers, and actual doctors working on the actual front lines. And it would have been super great if governments had chosen or created one organization to gather and compile real-time covid data and share it with the world. And I would sure have appreciated unbiased, facts-only news reporting.

It would have been great if everyone, especially the world's governmets, had just listened to actual scientists and actual researchers, and actual doctors working on the actual front lines. And it would have been super great if governments had chosen or created one organization to gather and compile real-time covid data and share it with the world. And I would sure have appreciated unbiased, facts-only news reporting.
That's not an answer. There are plenty of unbiased sources of information. What do you suggest should be done differently to manage the pandemic?

Personally, I don't know. But I do know that all the disinformation coming out of Fox News and other propaganda outlets is making things worse.

That's not an answer. There are plenty of unbiased sources of information. What do you suggest should be done differently to manage the pandemic?
It was an answer. And it's still my answer; to manage the pandemic everyone should have listened to actual scientists and researchers, and actual doctors working on the actual front lines.

And, obviously, their findings (rather than politics) should have dictated medical (not social) policies and practices.

I guess Murmur has never heard of WHO (World Health Organisation) and the body of scientists working worldwide to gather and share information- nor- has he heard of the various organisations linked to the WHO who provide a wealth of data and relevant information.

Maybe Murmur should read up on these things.

You are desperate to find a simple solution to a complicated problem.
Much like those who tell overweight people, "Just eat less."
Macron is the ultimate moron.
They're all pushing the same dialogue of making the purebloods miserable. It's disgusting. And it just makes people get angrier which helps nothing.

It was an answer. And it's still my answer; to manage the pandemic everyone should have listened to actual scientists and researchers, and actual doctors working on the actual front lines.

And, obviously, their findings (rather than politics) should have dictated medical (not social) policies and practices.
Well, you can't force people to be rational or to believe in science, and we can't seem to stop all the disinformation coming from certain politicians and propaganda outlets. It's Constitutionally protected free speech, I guess.

The government is limited in what it can do to fight the pandemic. They can try to convince people to get vaccinated and wear facemasks. I guess there could be some positive reinforcement for getting vaccinated, like perhaps tax cuts or something. And there could be negative reinforcements for refusing to help out, such as prohibiting the unvaccinated from attending sporting events or restaurants such as what Macron is doing.

Well, you can't force people to be rational or to believe in science, and we can't seem to stop all the disinformation coming from certain politicians and propaganda outlets. It's Constitutionally protected free speech, I guess.

The government is limited in what it can do to fight the pandemic. They can try to convince people to get vaccinated and wear facemasks. I guess there could be some positive reinforcement for getting vaccinated, like perhaps tax cuts or something. And there could be negative reinforcements for refusing to help out, such as prohibiting the unvaccinated from attending sporting events or restaurants such as what Macron is doing.
Yeah, but whatcha gonna do about people like me, who don't attend sporting events, don't need to go to restaurants or bars?

I guess Murmur has never heard of WHO (World Health Organisation) and the body of scientists working worldwide to gather and share information- nor- has he heard of the various organisations linked to the WHO who provide a wealth of data and relevant information.

Maybe Murmur should read up on these things.
There is also Johns Hopkins University, which was one of the first go-to sites for reliable information.
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/

I agree "rob" and have had the same experience . Live on the outskirts of a city of 90-100,000. Not much has changed including the driving. Not much better or worse than before COVID.

Just wonder if some folks keep tabs on smallpox, scarlet fever, polio, ect.. Ills of the past that after enough experimenting have seemed to disappeared or lessened greatly.

Wonder if politics had stayed out of it, we would have been much further along the road to a possible cure of our present "plague". And don't kid yourself. Follow posters political viewpoint and their stand on "vax/anti vax". 9 times out of 10, they will follow each other hand in hand. Don't listen to any medical advice - -your rep, senator, party leader is the "go to" guy or gal.

No wonder there seems to be no solution to today's severe health problem that in years past, would have been eventually solved without the "aid" of politicians.
Everything is political these days... even a pandemic. One side believes in science while the other side's loyalties are first and foremost to their political party. It's pathetic.

The point in discussion (in this case) is not to change matters but simply to discuss them. Many people find comfort in talking with each other about mutual troubles. That's why support groups are so ubiquitous; mutual comfort in dialogue and exchange. It's what people do when troubled, worried or in pain; they talk.

My question for you is this: Why do you not simply ignore the conversation if you don't want to hear about or participate in it? It's easy enough to do.

There are many things I don't care to hear about or discuss... so I don't.
Reading through the thread, Lewkat's comment followed one about the news, so that would infer that she was commenting on that topic, not what is discussed in these threads. I am also sick of hearing about Covid on THE NEWS. I don't think ignoring conversations in SF will change that in any way.;)

To be honest I have not seen anything like this. Maybe y'all in or near bigger cities are more impacted.
Same here, haven't seen anything like that personally, just on the news like the covidiots who freak out on planes or in stores because they are afraid to put on a mask. In general, folks here have been very kind, united and accepting of the inconveniences related to the pandemic.

Not sure what prompted this, but I was at the gym some time ago and there was a guy cursing to himself as he walked by. Last week he was cursing and hitting the locker with his fist.:oops: He's not big, so I don't think it is due to steroids. Never sure what someone is going through. I just left the locker room quickly.

Back