Things to think about when choosing a community

seattleadman

I just got back from our gym and it is packed to the rafters, no room! We live in a Robson community and they have promised for 5+ years that they were going to expand our facilities but the only thing they can build are more homes. The golf course is always booked too.

I just got back from our gym and it is packed to the rafters, no room! We live in a Robson community and they have promised for 5+ years that they were going to expand our facilities but the only thing they can build are more homes. The golf course is always booked too.
Welcome!

Your post about your community is of interest. I have just started researching independent living in a senior community and over crowded conditions is something to be concerned about. What can be done about it? Is it possible for you to change communities?

they have promised for 5+ years that they were going to expand our facilities
Is there a board, can residents participate on the board? It shouldn't be 'promise' - don't they have budgets and plans?

Perhaps worse case (if you can't attend board meetings and be heard) you and the other users of the facilities could start leaving Reviews of the community out on the internet and say in the review that the facilities are inadequate and never expanded as promised. That might get their attention because it could affect sales/profits and make the expansions move higher on their priorities.

Thanks for highlighting that situation! We are on the "wait list" for a community nearby and they recently built a brand new large gym with lots of windows! Its nice to see they are on their toes and considering the future!

@seattleadman Is it packed every month or is this the usual people who make a New Year resolution to exercise more and that ends by February.

Salesmen sure do have a way of over promising. Is there anything in writing.

Back