Third Pfizer jab likely

Let's take a step back, think, and then look again at the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. Some things to note:
  • Both use a new vaccine technique called messenger RNA (i.e., mRNA). It's a whole new type of vaccine with very little history. In a way, those who're taking it are guinea pigs.
  • The overall potency and longer term efficacy of mRNA vaccines are, as yet, unknown.
  • Most of what is known about mRNA vaccines comes from cancer, not covid/influenze, research.
  • mRNA vaccines are easier and quicker to produce.
The J&J vaccine uses well-understood development methods, doesn't require special storage but is less easy to manufacture. It is not out of the question to think that the mRNA approach is being "green lighted" due to its development speed and other related factors (e.g., cost/profit)

Same here. All my family and friends have either started, completed or are now eligible for and intend to immediately get the vaccines. My 16 year old grand niece just had her first shot and her siblings will get theirs when they're able.

No serious vaccine side-effects for any in my group of family or friends, but everyone in my circles either lost someone to Covid or had the terrifying experience of a loved one being hospitalized in an ICU because of it.
My friends and the majority of my relatives have been vaccinated or in the process of getting vaccinated. No serious side effects but I have known several friends who had Covid (all in the wave that started around Christmas). One friend almost died. All of them were very sick.

Let's take a step back, think, and then look again at the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. Some things to note:
  • Both use a new vaccine technique called messenger RNA (i.e., mRNA). It's a whole new type of vaccine with very little history. In a way, those who're taking it are guinea pigs.
  • The overall potency and longer term efficacy of mRNA vaccines are, as yet, unknown.
  • Most of what is known about mRNA vaccines comes from cancer, not covid/influenze, research.
  • mRNA vaccines are easier and quicker to produce.
The J&J vaccine uses well-understood development methods, doesn't require special storage but is less easy to manufacture. It is not out of the question to think that the mRNA approach is being "green lighted" due to its development speed and other related factors (e.g., cost/profit)
I took what was being offered, however I understand very well why some people feel more comfortable with the J&J vaccine.

I took what was being offered, however I understand very well why some people feel more comfortable with the J&J vaccine.
At least in our area, we got what we got. There wasn't a choice. I got the J & J, but my wife got the Pfizer. She had no side effects, but I got sick for a day or so (just cycling chills and fever overnight).

Tony

Many of my family members and friends have taken the vaccine without problems but all have reported feeling lousy like with a flu. Nobody died yet. So far.

I'm still sitting this out.

I was just happy to get vaccinated.
I'm happy for you, but let's turn the table around a little on this and stand it on it's edge for a moment.

Say you suffered life-altering consequences from the jab, would you still feel content that you made the right choice in getting the vaccination?

In other words, would it have still have been a good solid gamble for you?

I'm happy for you, but let's turn the table around a little on this and stand it on it's edge for a moment.

Say you suffered life-altering consequences from the jab, would you still feel content that you made the right choice in getting the vaccination?

In other words, would it have still have been a good solid gamble for you?
Often times, when people make a decision that turns out bad, they'll find a way to defend it anyway. They don't want to admit that it was a bad decision.

Often times, when people make a decision that turns out bad, they'll find a way to defend it anyway. They don't want to admit that it was a bad decision.
That's exactly where my curiosity lies, Win.

I know in speaking for myself, I would be bitter and angry at myself for buying into all of the hype surrounding it's benefits over any potential health risks.

Same can be said about NOT getting the vaccine. Everyone is making a decision. If I didn't get the vaccine and then got Covid, I would be bitter about not getting the shot. If I got the vaccine and had serious side effects, of course I would not be filled with joy. I made my decision, you make yours. It's all good, man

No gamble lost is ever a happy event. That doesn't change the fact that the odds were massively in my favor to survive the vaccines with little to no negative effects, which I took into consideration before getting the vaccine.

You may not know anyone who died or became extraordinarily ill from Covid. I do. I got sick with it in December, and trust me, it was no laughing party. I was on meds for 10 weeks because of the lung issues it caused.

There are plenty of people on SF who wound up hospitalized from Covid and/or stated that they thought they were going to die from it. We also lost members over the past year. Were any from Covid? Hard to say, but the age group suggests it's surely possible.

If you don't want the vaccine, don't get it. As long as you're not standing next to me, unmasked, I don't really care.

Don't break your arm from all that back-patting, Win.
The ones who are "Back Patting" are the individuals who consider themselves "Heroes" because they think they protected others by getting the vaccine. And, the ultimate fools are those who think others who don't get the vaccine are "selfish" or "inconsiderate." Although you can't accept it, it's an individual decision & there is no right or wrong.

We can all certainly do without all the virtue signaling, back patting, name-calling, denigration and other juvenile responses and just take responsibility for what we do or don't do without projecting or judging others.
Agree 100%. And why do the juvenile responses come from those who choose to get the vaccine?

No gamble lost is ever a happy event. That doesn't change the fact that the odds were massively in my favor to survive the vaccines with little to no negative effects, which I took into consideration before getting the vaccine.

You may not know anyone who died or became extraordinarily ill from Covid. I do. I got sick with it in December, and trust me, it was no laughing party. I was on meds for 10 weeks because of the lung issues it caused.

There are plenty of people on SF who wound up hospitalized from Covid and/or stated that they thought they were going to die from it. We also lost members over the past year. Were any from Covid? Hard to say, but the age group suggests it's surely possible.

If you don't want the vaccine, don't get it. As long as you're not standing next to me, unmasked, I don't really care.
Right you are, I do not know of anyone as of yet who has succumbed to being infected with the Covid-19 virus, however, I knew a woman that received a flu shot 3 years ago, who at the time was in perfect health, she was fit, able, and beautiful.

Two days after she received the vaccination for the flu, she fell ill, then became deathly ill, then over the course of a few weeks, ended up in a wheelchair, because she could no longer walk, the vaccine disabled her entirely.

Her condition further deteriorated over the following two years, and she just passed away two months ago.

I'll bet if there was a way for us to ask her about her experience with getting the flu vaccine, she wouldn't have a single positive thing to say about it, and in addition to, my guess is she wouldn't be going around telling everyone how great the flu vaccine is and that everyone should get one.

By the way the woman was only 53 years old.

Right you are, I do not know of anyone as of yet who has succumbed to being infected with the Covid-19 virus, however, I knew a woman that received a flu shot 3 years ago, who at the time was in perfect health, she was fit, able, and beautiful.

Two days after she received the vaccination for the flu, she fell ill, then became deathly ill, then over the course of a few weeks, ended up in a wheelchair, because she could no longer walk, the vaccine disabled her entirely.

Her condition further deteriorated over the following two years, and she just passed away two months ago.

I'll bet if there was a way for us to ask her about her experience with getting the flu vaccine, she wouldn't have a single positive thing to say about it, and in addition to, my guess is she wouldn't be going around telling everyone how great the flu vaccine is and that everyone should get one.
Interesting. I had never had the flu until some years back when I got deathly ill immediately after getting a flu shot. Up until then, I'd never had a flu shot but let myself be cajoled/badgered into getting one that year. Having seen a number of people become ill after getting the mRNA vaccine, I chose to wait until the J&J was available.

By the way the woman was only 53 years old.
OMG That's horrible!

Back