Though I Quit Smokes 30 Years Ago My Exam Shows Bad News

I did not smoke as a teen until I went to Vietnam. Three months after I returned home, I quit cold turkey. It was easier to start than it was to quit.

Regarding cigarette filters being the problem: I believe Kent's "micronite" filters actually contained asbestos! Yeah, get lung cancer from the tobacco tars while adding to the fun with asbestosis. Great.

I remember reading somewhere that nicotine is our most addictive substance.

I also recall when Ozzie Nelson reported that he had cancer. I saw him on a TV rerun years later talking about his cancer. He seemed very upset over the fact that he had cancer and never smoked. He said that he started in show business with his band and doing Vaudeville. He blamed it on second hand smoke that he was forced to inhale. This was in the mid ‘70’s. He claimed that his cancer began in his lung, but then metastasized to his liver, which was what did him in.

i smoked from the age of 13 to 30, and just gave it up.....
my dr went mad , and said , i could of caused more damage, just giving it up, i must admit it was hell, but so glad i did it............my mum also gave it up after i did, she was aged 60, and that was the worse thing she could ever do, as she went downhill after that..........before giving up ,she danced and had the perfect figure for a 60 yrs old, but she suddenly put on lots of weight, stopped dancing , stopped going away abroad for her holidays, and to this day, she said , she wished she never gave up...
im glad i gave up, and never looked back, got no vices now .....😢😂

I remember reading somewhere that nicotine is our most addictive substance.

I also recall when Ozzie Nelson reported that he had cancer. I saw him on a TV rerun years later talking about his cancer. He seemed very upset over the fact that he had cancer and never smoked. He said that he started in show business with his band and doing Vaudeville. He blamed it on second hand smoke that he was forced to inhale. This was in the mid ‘70’s. He claimed that his cancer began in his lung, but then metastasized to his liver, which was what did him in.
i think a alcohol is the most additive 911.....🥴

From the ACS website: As many as 20% of people who die from lung cancer in the United States every year have never smoked or used any other form of tobacco. This translates to about 30,000 Americans in 2018. In fact, if lung cancer in non-smokers had its own separate category, it would rank among the top 10 fatal cancers in the United States.

I smoked for over 40 years. I finally quit in '89. I can't get the thought of my smoking all those years and my wife passed with stomach cancer. My smoking may have been a factor due to second hand smoke.

Back