Tiger Woods - anyone remember him over there?

At the end of day 2, 5 folks tied for first at -7, Tiger and 3 others tied for 6th at -6. Still lots of golf to be played & Exciting to watch!

The way the golf press shows him you would think he is leading. That's what a lot of golf fans don't like. Everyone drives the ball now. That was tigers dominance previously.

Has anyone besides me noticed how some white people seem to really enjoy it when a successful black man falls from grace?

Or am I the only one?

And then there was this avid golfer and co-worker of mine who, when Payne Stewart's plane went down, remarked "I wish it had been Tiger Woods instead." I'll never forget that one.

No, you're not the only one.

Well, as of this morning (Saturday) at Augusta, he's only one out of being with the other leaders. Would love to see him win the Masters and get another Green Jacket. If he plays like he did yesterday (Friday) and takes over the lead by himself, we'd love it. Tiger has four Green Coats and Phil has three.

Like it or not, he's still got a rather huge fan base. With a couple of excellent putts he did, he raised the roof off of Augusta with fans acknowledging these birdie's.

Funny, I was just mentioning to my wife this morning, wondering if Tiger has any black friends or fans. He sure has plenty of white fans/friends. Then again, as much as we watch PGA, we don't see any black fans. The only other black, that we know of, that is in the PGA, is Vijay Sinjh who is Indo-Fijian descent. In the PGA's Junior Drive, Chip, Putt events I will see a black kid of two, but that's it.

Has anyone besides me noticed how some white people seem to really enjoy it when a successful black man falls from grace?

Or am I the only one?

And then there was this avid golfer and co-worker of mine who, when Payne Stewart's plane went down, remarked "I wish it had been Tiger Woods instead." I'll never forget that one.

Seems still prevalent, but in close circles these days

Ugly traits are hard to keep in

Weather problems in Augusta - Tiger currently at -11 and tied for the lead. Yesterday's leader, Tony Finau has fallen out of contention. The bottom half of the leader board started on #10, and the Green Jacket ceremony has been cancelled. Trying to stay ahead of the rain

Congratulations!

USATSI_12533122.jpg

Any of us could've been pretty rich, from betting on Tiger. Las Vegas lost a lot of money due to Tigers win. One guy got the approval to bet $85K and won himself over a million dollars for Tiger's win.

Back