Tiger Woods in Surgery

I wonder if Mr. Woods, called out... (((FOUR))) just before he crashed?

Apparently, his first words upon calling 911 were, "Tiger Woods here, I'm in the rough".

That Genesis he was driving is some very expensive and fancy car, Jules. Check out the Genesis site.
That’s one I’ve never heard of. Thanks for explaining. Someone had thought the symbols on the doors were from the hotel.

I did a search and found this on USA today.

’Genesis was hoping to draw more positive attention with its sponsorship of last weekend's Genesis Invitational, a PGA Tour event hosted by Woods. The brand gave a GV80 to the event winner, Max Homa, and loaned a GV80 to Woods for his personal use. That was the vehicle he crashed.’

Why are so many hating on this man?
There’s no proof he was drinking.
There’s no proof he was speeding and from what others who saw him that day said was that he did seem to be anxiously in a hurry. I know this isn’t the most reliable news source but it does have a video of him driving and he doesn’t ‘seem’ to be driving any faster than the car ahead of him and the place he crashed is an area where many others crash.
https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/23/tiger-woods-car-crash-golf-tournament/
Is the fact that he’s wealthy a good enough reason to start hating on the guy? I know he cheated on his wife years ago but he paid heavily for that mistake in my opinion and everyone deserves a second chance don’t they?

Am I missing something here that others are more aware of? I don’t watch the news so am not usually in the know about current events.

Why are so many hating on this man?
There’s no proof he was drinking.
There’s no proof he was speeding and from what others who saw him that day said was that he did seem to be anxiously in a hurry. I know this isn’t the most reliable news source but it does have a video of him driving and he doesn’t ‘seem’ to be driving any faster than the car ahead of him and the place he crashed is an area where many others crash.
https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/23/tiger-woods-car-crash-golf-tournament/
Is the fact that he’s wealthy a good enough reason to start hating on the guy? I know he cheated on his wife years ago but he paid heavily for that mistake in my opinion and everyone deserves a second chance don’t they?

Am I missing something here that others are more aware of? I don’t watch the news so am not usually in the know about current events.
Don't understand it either. It could have happened to anyone. That road looks like a death trap. I am glad he survived and pray for his recovery. I know about recovery from things like this. Until you walk in his shoes, don't judge.

I can't help but wonder what attending officers would have determined had it been a regular everyday average Joe?

Some may have missed the news about Tiger...suggest reading reports before judging:

https://nypost.com/2021/02/24/tiger-woods-will-not-face-criminal-charges-in-california-car-crash/

Don't understand it either. It could have happened to anyone. That road looks like a death trap. I am glad he survived and pray for his recovery. I know about recovery from things like this. Until you walk in his shoes, don't judge.
News stations and traffic investigators that weren't afraid to tell the truth showed the path of Tiger's vehicle as it went off the road. The distance it traveled and the number of trees & brush it flattened indicate he was speeding. It's not his first reckless/DUI accident, either.
Any road is a death trap when an idiot drives recklessly.
You may recall Paul Walker & his idiot buddy racing his Porche on an empty street.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Walker

On November 30, 2013, at about 3:30 p.m. PST, Walker, 40, and Roger Rodas, 38, left an event for Walker's charity Reach Out Worldwide for victims of Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda),[54] with Rodas driving[55] his 2005 Porsche Carrera GT. In a 45 mph (72 km/h) speed zone on Hercules Street near Kelly Johnson Parkway in Valencia, Santa Clarita, California, the car crashed into a concrete lamp post and two trees subsequently catching fire to the vehicle.[54][56] Rodas died of multiple trauma while Walker died from the combined effects of trauma and burns. Both of their bodies were burned beyond recognition.[55]
The curve where Walker and Rodas died is a popular spot for drifting cars.[57] No alcohol or other drugs were found in either man's system,[58] and neither mechanical failure nor road conditions appeared to play a role.[59] Police found no evidence of drag racing.[60] The investigation concluded that the car's speed – between 80 mph (130 km/h) and 93 mph (150 km/h) – and age of the tires were the primary reasons for the crash.

Roads don't determine the danger. Drivers do.

Last edited:
News stations and traffic investigators that weren't afraid to tell the truth showed the path of Tiger's vehicle as it went off the road. The distance it traveled and the number of trees & brush it flattened indicate he was speeding. It's not his first reckless/DUI accident, either.
Any road is a death trap when an idiot drives recklessly.
Roads don't determine the danger. Drivers do.
That is what I have believed all along.

Aside from the extensive damage to the vehicle, which in my eyes fails to add up to a simple drive off the road incident, I found one such article I read insulting, because authorities made out the stretch of highway that Mr. Woods, was travelling, as if a special license and qualifications was needed in order for a normal everyday driver to navigate a vehicle safely and in a controlled manner down the grade and curves.

My opinion, rubbish. Mr. Woods was either, A, driving excessively fast, or B, he was preoccupied with something outside of that of being attentive behind the wheel.

The other troubling claim that's surfaced in relation to the accident, is that Mr. Woods, claims that he has no recollection of the crash itself, and if such be the case, his license should be immediately suspended, because that tells me that either, A, Mr. Woods, is in a fog, or B, he's having blackouts and/or memory loss, and there's no place on the roadways for such drivers.

If a car starts rolling then goes downhill, it will
gather speed, if it started at 45 MPH, it could
and up at 60 or more, with only metal on the
ground it wouldn't slow down.

Mike.

I think it's safe to say that Mr. Woods, was overdriving the vehicle... beyond that of it's capabilities.

Common sense tells me that skid marks would have been found on the hard surface of the road had Mr. Woods, been driving sanely (or was conscious and with it), and had excessive speed not been a factor, additional markings from locked tires would have been found at the point where the vehicle left the roadway.

No such markings were found at the scene.

Pretty scary to think that a driver of a vehicle could skip over a meridian, mow trees and shrubbery down, continue sailing down a stretch of roadway used for vehicles coming in the opposing direction, then slam over the roadway curb and end up where it did if one was driving for the conditions, or one was conscious behind the wheel.

tp-graphic-tiger-woods-crash-1.jpg

39705148-9292221-Police_say_Woods_was_travelling_at_high_speed_when_he_hit_a_rais-a-67_1614241351110.jpg

Aside from the extensive damage to the vehicle, which in my eyes fails to add up to a simple drive off the road incident, I found one such article I read insulting, because authorities made out the stretch of highway that Mr. Woods, was travelling, as if a special license and qualifications was needed in order for a normal everyday driver to navigate a vehicle safely and in a controlled manner down the grade and curves.

My opinion, rubbish. Mr. Woods was either, A, driving excessively fast, or B, he was preoccupied with something outside of that of being attentive behind the wheel.

The other troubling claim that's surfaced in relation to the accident, is that Mr. Woods, claims that he has no recollection of the crash itself, and if such be the case, his license should be immediately suspended, because that tells me that either, A, Mr. Woods, is in a fog, or B, he's having blackouts and/or memory loss, and there's no place on the roadways for such drivers.
Yeah, celebrities often "have no memory" of crashes. What a coincidence that their memory lapses result from their recklessness.
Halle Berry crashed into a car while she was speeding. A mother & her young daughter were seriously injured. Ms. Berry then fled the scene, drove home & called her attorney, who helped her concoct a story about Ms. Berry bumping her head in the accident & suffering from amnesia, so it wasn't her fault that she fled the scene. Of course, she did have memory of where she lived & her attorney's phone number.
Of course, Ted Kennedy also had no memory of killing his 19-year-old passenger while he was driving drunk.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2000-may-11-me-29022-story.html

Yeah, celebrities often "have no memory" of crashes. What a coincidence that their memory lapses result from their recklessness.
Halle Berry crashed into a car while she was speeding. A mother & her young daughter were seriously injured. Ms. Berry then fled the scene, drove home & called her attorney, who helped her concoct a story about Ms. Berry bumping her head in the accident & suffering from amnesia, so it wasn't her fault that she fled the scene. Of course, she did have memory of where she lived & her attorney's phone number.
Of course, Ted Kennedy also had no memory of killing his 19-year-old passenger while he was driving drunk.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2000-may-11-me-29022-story.html
Maddening, isn't it.

Having money, status and power, sure has it's rewards, doesn't it. :mad:

It is not uncommon for a blow to the head from an accident to cause either temporary or permanent amnesia about events surrounding the injury.

Back