Today feels like the last straw

And so it goes. Healing can be a bytch. I do know I am considerably better than I was. I no longer wake up in the middle of the night wondering how I ended up curled in a fetal position and jammed beneath the dining room table, a paring knife clutched in my fist.

The hyper vigilance and thousand yard stare are intermittent. I can go out on the balcony briefly without collapsing to my knees and bursting into tears, I am slowly regaining the twenty pounds I lost. My house is clean, most of the time. I cook, also most of the time. My bills are paid, I play my online war game where I help with the psychological aspects

of aiding my faction family, the third most powerful House in this particular world, toward their goal of world domination. I also love to be an active warrior and slay our enemies. Therapeutic stuff. Three years I have been a part of this.

But, my heart remains broken, my soul is scarred, my capacity to trust almost negligible. Emotionally, I am held together by coping mechanisms, therapy, stubbornness, and meds. Who knows when I can return to work? Sadly,

still unable to find a cat to replace my dear old boy who died. Covid has emptied the shelters. First time since I was seven years old I have been without a cat. The nightmares remain, also. CPTSD stuff from hell. Technicolour. A

couple of nights of this results in at least a week of major flashbacks. The lesser ones involve my experience watching my vet suicide, the

others transport me back to the hell of my childhood. Sad, when the situation was so severe that sexual abuse often seemed trivial. Without being overly graphic, it is the screaming and crying children, and the feelings of

terror and despair which are the most difficult to bear. So much torment for so many years, and, at times, the survivor guilt is crushing. As always, my choices are clear, death, insanity, or tough it out until I can cope. Any suicide

attempts I have made have occurred when I gapped out, snapped if you will, only to find myself later, feeling horrible, and stuck in ICU with no memory of recent events. While my ability to choose remains, I choose to fight for my life, my mind, my humanity, gambling

yet again that I can climb out of the pit and resume my life of service. That sense of purpose is my mantra. Also, if I fail, the bastards who stole my childhood win, and that is anaethema. So, for now, I sit in the pit, accept that my

suffering is ongoing, and endure. Laugh when I can, love always, and leave the unknown in the hands of the Divine Feminine. I can do this because I must. For me, for all the children who never grew up, and for my beloved veterans, I fight. 🙏🏻
I am so glad you're inching your way back to health Shali...it takes time but I do know you are stronger than you think...keep it up 🤗 🤗

And so it goes. Healing can be a bytch. I do know I am considerably better than I was. I no longer wake up in the middle of the night wondering how I ended up curled in a fetal position and jammed beneath the dining room table, a paring knife clutched in my fist.

The hyper vigilance and thousand yard stare are intermittent. I can go out on the balcony briefly without collapsing to my knees and bursting into tears, I am slowly regaining the twenty pounds I lost. My house is clean, most of the time. I cook, also most of the time. My bills are paid, I play my online war game where I help with the psychological aspects

of aiding my faction family, the third most powerful House in this particular world, toward their goal of world domination. I also love to be an active warrior and slay our enemies. Therapeutic stuff. Three years I have been a part of this.

But, my heart remains broken, my soul is scarred, my capacity to trust almost negligible. Emotionally, I am held together by coping mechanisms, therapy, stubbornness, and meds. Who knows when I can return to work? Sadly,

still unable to find a cat to replace my dear old boy who died. Covid has emptied the shelters. First time since I was seven years old I have been without a cat. The nightmares remain, also. CPTSD stuff from hell. Technicolour. A

couple of nights of this results in at least a week of major flashbacks. The lesser ones involve my experience watching my vet suicide, the

others transport me back to the hell of my childhood. Sad, when the situation was so severe that sexual abuse often seemed trivial. Without being overly graphic, it is the screaming and crying children, and the feelings of

terror and despair which are the most difficult to bear. So much torment for so many years, and, at times, the survivor guilt is crushing. As always, my choices are clear, death, insanity, or tough it out until I can cope. Any suicide

attempts I have made occurred when I gapped out, snapped if you will, only to find myself later, feeling horrible, and stuck in ICU with no memory of recent events. While my ability to choose remains, I choose to fight for my life, my mind, my humanity, gambling

yet again that I can climb out of the pit and resume my life of service. That sense of purpose is my mantra. Also, if I fail, the bastards who stole my childhood win, and that is anaethema. So, for now, I sit in the pit, accept that my

suffering is ongoing, and endure. Laugh when I can, love always, and leave the unknown in the hands of the Divine Feminine. I can do this because I must. For me, for all the children who never grew up, and for my beloved veterans, I fight. 🙏🏻
Shalimar, I am very sorry for what you are having to deal with but it is good to read that you are continuing to progress beyond these heartbreaking events.

I Ji

attempts I have made occurred when I gapped out, snapped if you will, only to find myself later, feeling horrible, and stuck in ICU with no memory of recent events. While my ability to choose remains, I choose to fight for my life, my mind, my humanity, gambling

So many layers of pain and despair.
I first, find a new pet to love not a replacement. I could never replace the special little bird lost.

One thing to get through it all to realize I'm not invincible, I never felt that, just that after a fall and the loss of my veteran frieñd find it hàrd to breath, let alone wake up. Now realizing that those days come and go.

Enjoy classical music has emotions without silly word. Emotions hit one so much harder when one suffers a lost or injury and I suffered from both.

Your wonderful giving heart is not lost just so badly hurt and is hard to turn that off, we do not want to change that wonderful part...Hugs and hold on. Much Love Always....

I Ji

So many layers of pain and despair.
I first, find a new pet to love not a replacement. I could never replace the special little bird lost.

One thing to get through it all to realize I'm not invincible, I never felt that, just that after a fall and the loss of my veteran frieñd find it hàrd to breath, let alone wake up. Now realizing that those days come and go.

Enjoy classical music has emotions without silly word. Emotions hit one so much harder when one suffers a lost or injury and I suffered from both.

Your wonderful giving heart is not lost just so badly hurt and is hard to turn that off, we do not want to change that wonderful part...Hugs and hold on. Much Love Always....
Thank you Chris. 💕

Back