Topping for corn pudding

I don't like to bring a "naked" casserole for a pot-luck meal. I was going to make this corn pudding:

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
1/2 cup 2% milk
1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn

Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream. Gradually add muffin mix alternately with milk. Fold in corn. Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until set and lightly browned.

What would you suggest for a topping - crushed potato chips, crushed cheese crackers, toasted panko crumbs or something else?

I never had corn pudding, but the panko crumbs like Rose suggested seem to be the best choice for the ingredients. I think some people may use a brown sugar and cinnamon topping, but I have no idea how that would taste or if it would be too sweet.

Deb, my recipe is similar to yours but not as much sugar. I'd go for the onion rings if you don't want to bring it nekkid (as we say in the South). It goes along with what I learned in home ec: something soft and something crisp should always go together (and something hot and something cold no matter what the weather!). I love, love, love corn pudding. Unfortunately, I'm the only one who does in this family. Oh, well, when I make it, there's more for me...

My mother, rest her soul, mostly couldn't cook or bake to save her life. She used to make corn pudding without the corn muffin mix, cook pork sausage links, make a biscuit crust to cover the pudding and poke the sausages into the crust. She called it corn sausage pie, and although I was a picky eater as a child, I'd eat corn sausage pie all day long!

Back