Trash billing overcharge by Waste Management

Catlady

This woman found out that neighbors were paying $58 to $75 per quarter and her bill was $160. The company said if you don't complain about your bill, they assume you're fine with paying the fee. When she complained they lowered it to $64 and offered her one free quarter. I think it's easier to not pay attention when you have automatic pay, I don't know if she had auto-pay.

https://www.kgun9.com/onyourside/waste-management-customer-service-problems

That seems like an awful way to run a business. :cautious:o_O:(:mad:
Big business owners will not agree with you. They consider it as being good businessmen. It puts more money in their bank account. And they probably have a monopoly so you can't go somewhere else for the service.

I'd like to hear the explanation of why she was being charged about three times more than others on her block.
This is what the complainer said in the article=

"Someone said you can just call in and they'll lower your bill if you complain. I said this is crazy but I decided to do it. They said that since I never complained in 12 years about the service or my pricing that means I accept it. They lowered my bill quarterly to $64 and its supposed to be that way for two years," Sanchez said. "

Back