Tree service, lawn care or property manager?

The cable guy was here this morning to take down the old cable line in which the vines had entangled themselves. Took him over an hour, but he didn't move very qucikly. Of course, I didn't want him to rush and do a slap-dash job. He had to check to make sure there was no "juice" the the lines, then several trips up and down the electric pole on the corner where the lines originated. The he got talking to the neighbor for a while. Then they both came over and the cable guy said the wires should never have been installed that way. He called it "aerial trespass", because the lines crossed over the neighbors property (see my crude diagram). Maybe the law was different 35 years ago.

cable line.jpg

The cable guy was here this morning to take down the old cable line in which the vines had entangled themselves. Took him over an hour, but he didn't move very qucikly. Of course, I didn't want him to rush and do a slap-dash job. He had to check to make sure there was no "juice" the the lines, then several trips up and down the electric pole on the corner where the lines originated. The he got talking to the neighbor for a while. Then they both came over and the cable guy said the wires should never have been installed that way. He called it "aerial trespass", because the lines crossed over the neighbors property (see my crude diagram). Maybe the law was different 35 years ago.

View attachment 107215
That's crazy the way your lines cross your neighbours lot. Can't say I've ever seen that before.

Looks great, Deb!

Gosh, so jealous I am about your brick house! I have always dreamed of owning a brick house.

Would be nice to see the remainder of the gnarly-looking vines removed from the face of your home.

Are there no general handymen in your area that do yard-waste removal, etc?

It looks miles better. What I was thinking, was if you could find a general handyman that tackles yard-waste, etc, quite possibly, he could set a ladder up and fine-tune the job to a finish for you.

At any rate, looks great!

Last edited:
I emailed the first guy and told him I had pulled down the vine and put it at the end of the driveway so he didn't have to climb up on a ladder and he could just come over and take it away. He came this morning and hauled the pile away and wouldn't even take any money.
Proof that there are still good people in your world

The spring season is always great to look forward to..... but some things have to go through a messy stage before beauty.
First is the sticky seeds from Maple trees.....daily picking off of 12 paws and shoes daily, then the ones i miss, find them all over the house, my guys hate them just as much as me.

Next is the Elm trees, beautiful trees when trimmed, taken care of and managed......then the seeds from them.....have one in the front yard.....actually belongs to the town, on their boulevard, i swear every seed grows.

Next to look forward to.....is all the fluff from Cottonwood and some Popular trees, quite a few populars on the neighbours at the back lane.

And as it warms up theirs those pesky spider webs.....on everything....amazing something so small, can be so productive....but not in a nice way, but the webs do catch a lot of mosquitoes.....remove webs from deck railing everyday, weekly in other parts of the yard.

Aside from all the complaining........Summer is so good......wish for it 12 months of the year.

Another bumper crop of Elm seeds blew down yesterday, makes such a mess, have to clean up again. Is anyone wanting Elm seeds....free, guaranteed germination, free shipping.

Back